Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is the best chrony?

aaront Guest

What is the best chrony?

Well... what do yas all think... what is the best chrony going (afordable)?

What do you call affordable ?
    I bought a Chrony FI and thought it was cr@p.
    Bought a Skan Pro 1 series 2 and it does what I expect it to do, without special lighting indoors.It's not the cheapest around but you get what you pay for.

cooky Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter
    I bought a Chrony FI and thought it was cr@p.

Yep mine was even sh!te in the garden

Skan do make good chrono's.I believe its what the police use.Expensive though.The chrony F1 and alpha are a waste of space IMO.A mate of mine has one and it struggles to pick up the pellet a lot of the time.The CB625 is quite good for what an airgunner needs,light,easily portable and does the job.

Skan without a doubt.
    Just dont shoot the ****** thing.

......but if you're talking affordable don't forget to check out the combro.
    Affordable and very transportable, takes up about as much room in my shooting kit as a box of pellets, mine has gone everywhere with my gun for about 6 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Pierre
    ......but if you're talking affordable don't forget to check out the combro.
    Affordable and very transportable, takes up about as much room in my shooting kit as a box of pellets, mine has gone everywhere with my gun for about 6 years.
    I'm with Mad Pierre on this one...

IMHO it's got to be the Combro - approx £40, small, portable, easy to use and seemingly works in any conditions (except underwater - saying that it might...) it gives you a speed and energy reading in imperial or metric and it can be user-calibrated if you spot check it against another chrono.

If you spend £9 on the PC interface it allows you to log as many shots in a string as you like and it gives you the min, max, average, range from highest to lowest and the standard deviation in both velocity & energy.

Very neat little package and when compared "in line" with the big bench test chrono at the local gunshop the readings were +/-1 fps different at most That's good enough for me...

Finally you've got the support of Robin & Nigel Hewitt and their legendary after sales service. If you want one contact them direct the shops can't get enough of them...

Rave Over...
    Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence..."

aaront Guest
    cheers... thanks guys, combro it's going to be then.

Anyone aware of any issues with the Combro if the rifle recoils? I am getting odd readings on mine for an X2R that has a fair amount of movement on firing. The Combro consistently reads about 50fps more that the local gunshop's chrono.

I collect old airguns and like to chrono them, the CB625 is good kit, but not much use for anything except rifles with a cylindrical muzzle. For most pistols, and rifles with unusual muzzles, underlevers or tapered barrels it's not much use.

I have an F1, it is a ball-ache to set up, but if you follow the instructions and get to know it it will work well. It can take some perseverance but it can work well. Benefits are it works with absolutely anything, weird muzzles, rifles, pistols, paintball guns, airsofts, crossbows... and you can use it downrange as well to test ME at target. I would have preferred a SKAN but just didn't have the cash unfortunately!

sniper22 Guest
    target tronics pm110 is by far the best ive used. accurate and reliable. self contained too with an onboard battery to power it up. can also be used mains power too.

kevG Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper22
    target tronics pm110 is by far the best ive used. accurate and reliable. self contained too with an onboard battery to power it up. can also be used mains power too.
    got to agree,ive used them all,and the pm110 is the best

kevG

Quote Originally Posted by sniper22
    Does it fit in your pocket ???
    Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence..."

Gary C Guest
    Do target-tronics have a website ? or if not how much do these things run to ?

Young_Gun Guest
    Combro CB625 here aswell.
    Stays in the case with the gun.