Thread: Milita Marked Airguns?

Milita Marked Airguns?

Can anyone shed any light on Milita marked air guns for me including the different models and calibres please?

I occasionally see them and know Langenham marked some of their air rifles Milita,but that's about as much as I know!

Many thanks in anticipation.

Hi mate,

Mr Hiller's excellent book has quite a bit of info about these...not sure if "Millita" was a brand of either Martin Pulverman (importer) or Friedrich Langenham (maker)...designed for shooting clubs, army cadets, etc, where you can assume they would be racked and a simple tether placed through the eyelet in the barrel release lever?...There were samll, medium and large models, and different types of barrel release too, and they seem to come in .177 and .25 cal smoothbore...
    blah blah

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post
    Can anyone shed any light on Milita marked air guns for me including the different models and calibres please?

I occasionally see them and know Langenham marked some of their air rifles Milita,but that's about as much as I know!

Many thanks in anticipation.
    This may be of interest (from 1906), but won't help you much in respect of who stamped them!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/312284...57608030264100

ATB, Ed

Millita was the name used by Pulvermann for imported Langenhan airguns from 1900 to approx the outbreak of WW1. The guns were imported by other retailers too and the same brand can be seen marked Lincoln or Anson to name but two. The airguns were originally made in Germany and sold across the continent under different names. I even have a French one, which is obviously not marked Millita. A good classic airgun IMHO. The first proper mass produced airgun to be used at the dawn of organised airgun target shooting in the UK. All good collections should have at least one

John

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    John Atkins wrote a very informative article on Millita-marked air rifles in the April 1997 Airgunner. As John says, the mark belonged to Pulvermann, and John A found that the trademark Millita was UK registered to Martin Pulvermann on March 14,1900. Although the trademark was mainly used on Langenhan air rifle imports there were a few British-made examples. I also have a Langenhan (FLZ 1) air pistol which is marked Millita. Usually these pistols have no model name other than the FLZ mark.

Thanks for all the info guys,very helpful.That puts Milita marked air guns in a much clearer perspective for me.

ATB.