Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Spring Summer 6 yard MPL Postal League

2015 Spring Summer 6 yard MPL Postal League

I will be posting the details for this years Spring/ Summer competition HERE over the next few days.

The new series starts anytime now and will run until June 2015 with the same rules as in all previous competitions (see below).

This year we will continue with the .177 MPL air pistol competition (for all .177 spring powered and Single Stroke Pneumatic air pistols) and the .177 MPL air rifle (for all .177 spring powered and Single Stroke Pneumatic air rifles).

New this year is the "Gasser" section for anyone that would like to enter this competition with a .177 CO2 or PCP air pistol. Both of these two "gas powered" types of air pistol are recoilless and generally less tiring to shoot than those that require "Muscle Power" to cock them so they will have their own class to shoot in at 6 yards for the very first time this year.

Now we also have a Gasser class for the CO2 and PCP rifles as well.
    Last edited by zooma; 06-01-2015 at 05:21 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

2015 Spring Summer Postal League Entry Details

The postal charges will remain the same for the previous seasons.

The cost to enter the competition is still a tenner (£10.00) and we have reduced the cost of spare targets and we now send them out x100 at a time for another tenner (£10.00) to anybody that would like to buy some from us.

Air 8 targets and Air 7 targets can also be bought in bulk direct from the NSRA in packs of 3000 (for those that intend to practice a lot) .

The cost to send an entry pack to you is £3.70 by First Class "Signed For". Total for entry and post is £13.70.

The cost to send an entry pack to you with an extra 100 practice targets is £6.50 by "next working day" carrier. Total for entry and practice targets with delivery is £26.50.

We can also send larger parcels (any size) by carrier for just £10.00 to a UK address, so if a group of competitors are able to combine their entries and need a larger quantity of practice targets sending all in the one box this will cut the delivery costs.

Entry packs and spare targets can be collected from us in Rossendale to save postage and delivery charges if you are able (or know anyone) that is able to collect them from us.

Anybody that would like to send their entry fees to us by PayPal can use this address:- target@rossmod.co.uk ( please see the next thread about PayPal charges)

For those that prefer to pay by bank transfer sort code 40-38-03. acct no:- 51178296 acct name:- Rossendale Model Car Club.

We can also accept good old fashioned cash if you can call in person or send it safely to us ( ask for postal address if you prefer this option)

PAYMENT BY PAYPAL.

We have been made aware of the charges that PayPal inflict upon us.

Our basic entry pack costs £10 and the postal charge is £3.70 to send them to you (total £13.70). Pay Pal will take £0.67.

The basic entry pack with 100 spare targets is £26.50 including the carriers "next working day" delivery. The PayPal charge for this is £1.10.

Most competitors have sent their entry fees to us via PayPal so our thanks to those that have sent their entry payment to us without charges.

Those that have sent their payment by direct transfer to the clubs bank account have not attracted any charges at all.

We want to keep the cost of entry to this superb competition to a tenner so please avoid the PayPal charges if you can.

Thanks for your understanding as I admit I never thought about this either...until I saw the PayPal account history!
    Last edited by zooma; 02-01-2015 at 07:59 PM.

Rules for .177 6 yards MPL Postal Competition.

.177 6 YARD MPL POSTAL COMPETITION. JANUARY 2015 - JUNE 2015.

There will be no changes to the rules or the entry fees and we will continue to run air pistol competitions for .177 MPL air pistol and another for .177 MPL air rifle as well as a new "Gasser" competition for .177 CO2 and PCP air pistols.

Round 1 of the 6 yard MPL and Gasser series will start in January 2015 so we would like to get the entries in and to start work making a large stack of entry packs ready to go.

Late entires will still be accepted at any time.

Overseas entries are welcomed - PM zooma for more details.

The competition is open to anyone who can shoot the cards to the appropriate MPL rules as described here. The scores should be emailed to George at the end of each month using this address :- 6ydmpl@gmail.com

George will kindly compile them for you all and display them here on the BBS so you can see how things are going for you each month

TARGETS.

1. The pistol competitions will be shot on 6 yard Air 8 targets, the rifle competitions will be shot on 6 yard Air 7 targets.

2. All the targets required to complete each 6 month series will be provided in the entry pack.

3. Spare Air 8 and Air 7 targets will be made available to purchase from us if required for practice. Bulk target supplies are available from the NSRA

PISTOLS, RIFLES and PELLETS.

1. Any single shot .177 spring powered or SSP air pistol that complies with the main MPL rules will be eligible for this competition - if in doubt, please check the main MPL rules.

1a. Any .177 CO2 or PCP air pistol can be used to shoot in the "Gasser" competition.

1b. Any single shot .177 spring powered or Single Stroke Pneumatic air rifle with "open sights" or dioptre sights can be used in this air rifle competition. Telescopic sights or any other form of optical aids are banned. There is no 6 yard competition for CO2 or PCP air rifles with us this season.

2. Only semi-wadcutter (flat nosed) pellets should be used to give clear cut holes in the Air 8 and Air 7 targets. Round nose pellets will not give a clean enough cut to permit clear scoring, and cards that cannot be scored clearly should be given a zero score.

3. BB's and any pellet other than .177 calibre are specifically banned from this competition.

SHOOTING.

1. Six targets need to be shot each month with 5 shots on each = total possible score of 300 ex 300.

2. All pistol targets are to be shot single handed (unsupported) at 6 yards by the shooter himself or herself. All air rifle targets have to be shot from the free standing position at 6 yards with no supports.

3. The targets can be shot at any time during the month, but it is the shooters responsibility to ensure the scores are emailed to the scorer ( 6ydmpl@gmail.com) before the end of each competition month - or as soon as possible if you are running late or enter the competition late.

SCORING.

1/. All shooters should score their own shot targets and email the scores to us at the end of each month. Shot cards can also have the scores checked or even scored by another competitor if you have this option and prefer not to score your own.

2/. If you have a shot that is difficult to score or you are not sure of, please show it to another competitor or try and resolve it yourself. If you have any doubt - always score yourself down rather than up so you can gain a workable average you can repeat or try to improve upon in the future.

3/. A simple email such as the example below with your name and the competition month concerned with the scores displayed as shown here is all we need to record your score at the end of each month. Please also let us know what pistol/rifle and pellets you used to shoot your cards with.

Ian Bloggs. June 2013. 38 + 34 + 37 + 41 + 44 + 39 = 233. GAMO Centre. Hobby pellets.

Please send your scores by the end of each month to 6ydmpl@gmail.com

4/.You should keep your cards safe for 2 months after they are shot as some may be requested for random checking. Any requested cards should be posted to us, and if they are not available they will be given a zero score.

5/. To avoid any time wasting, any challenges for a disputed score must be accompanied with a cash payment for £5. This will be refunded in full in the event of a successful challenge, but donated to RMTC funds if unsuccessful
    Last edited by zooma; 02-01-2015 at 10:00 PM.

Scoring MPL postal series Rifle Targets

I have made this post following enquiries from competitors regarding the scoring method to be used for their MPL Postal League Rifle targets.

The reason for this clarification is that some people are either entering a target air rifle competition for the very first time, and others would like to know the basic difference between scoring their air rifle targets as opposed to scoring their air pistol targets as they are aware that there were some differences in the past.

Basically the history follows below - but all that matters is that the new Air 7 rifle targets that we are using in this competition are to be scored UP - exactly as the air pistol targets.

The basic previous difference was that 6 yard air pistol targets are always scored UP, whereas the 6 yard air rifle targets were scored DOWN. This was the case with the original 6 yard (AIR 1) air rifle targets but the current AIR 7 targets have been designed for scoring UP - and this makes things a lot easier for us all.

When scoring scoring an MPL AIR 7 air rifle target - if any dividing line between any of the scoring rings is touched (or cut) then the shot is scored UP to the next rings marked score.

This method applies to all of the scoring rings, so basically if any scoring ring is touched or cut then it must be scored UP to the next rings score - exactly the same as when scoring an air pistol target.
    Last edited by zooma; 02-01-2015 at 05:58 PM.

2015 Spring Summer Postal League. Entries received to date.

6 yard MPL .177 AIR PISTOL.

Duncan G.(Frog) Yeovil.
    George M. (thirdwheel) Southampton.
    Bob S. (zooma) Rossendale,
    Mal J. (malj) Morpeth.
    Sarah M.(starboard) Southampton.
    M.Burrows. (buzzz) Eastwood.
    John G. (GeeGee) Manchester.
    Chris S. (Chris2012).Rochdale.
    Glyn D. (Bluesman). Bristol.
    Les L. (learningcurve).Holywell.
    Frank P.(baggyboy). West Midlands.
    Paul N. (solonian).Somerseat.
    Ray B. (raymondo) Whitefield.
    Chris H.(CH) Sleaford.
    P McB. (Rickenbacker) Monmouth.

6 Yard MPL .177 AIR RIFLE.

Anthony L. (Lilac) Mountpellier.
    Damion. (Damo1) Mansfield.
    Chris S. (Chris 2012) Rochdale.
    Glyn D. (Bluesman). Bristol.
    Paul N. (solonian).Somerseat.
    Mark B. (Buzzz).Eastwood.
    Duncan G. (Frog). Yeovil.

6 Yard GASSER PISTOL (.177 CO2 and PCP AIR PISTOL).

Sarah M. (starboard) Southampton.
    Bob S. (zooma) Rossendale.
    George M. (thirdwheel) Southampton.
    Damion. (Damo1) Mansfield.
    Paul N. (solonian). Somerseat.
    Ray B. (raymondo). Whitefield.
    Chris H. (CH) Sleaford.
    John G.(GeeGee) Manchester.

6 yard GASSER RIFLE ( .177 CO2 and PCP AIR PISTOL)

Miss M.(sarax) Southampton
    M.Burrows (buzzz) Eastwood.
    Jim L. (Jnr) Mountpellier.
    Mark . (Buzzz).Eastwood.
    Last edited by zooma; 19-02-2015 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    6 yard MPL AIR PISTOL.

Bob S. (zooma) Rossendale,

6 Yard MPL AIR RIFLE.

6 Yard CO2 and PCP AIR PISTOL.

Bob S. (zooma) Rossendale.
    Bob
    As we are having a pcp air pistol comp,why not have a pcp rifle comp as well?

Quote Originally Posted by buzzz View Post
    Bob
    As we are having a pcp air pistol comp,why not have a pcp rifle comp as well?
    Hi Buzz,

We are pushing the boat out with the Gasser air pistols for the first time this year - but if there is enough support to make a Gasser division for PCP and CO2 rifles then we would be pleased to add the class to this new series.

Lets see what sort of interest we get....

I'll do mpl rifle and gasser pistol
    Badly probably

Quote Originally Posted by Damo1 View Post
    Badly probably
    Thanks for your support.

I will send the entry packs out to you as soon as I see your entries arrive.

Good to have you join us

Hi Buzz,

We are pushing the boat out with the Gasser air pistols for the first time this year - but if there is enough support to make a Gasser division for PCP and CO2 rifles then we would be pleased to add the class to this new series.

Lets see what sort of interest we get....
    Hi Bob
    Put me down for the pcp rife if it goes ahead, also the springer rifle,i will have to see about the springer pistol it is in for repair,sold the pcp pistol yesterday so that is out for me.
    Buzz
    Last edited by buzzz; 02-01-2015 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Damo1 View Post
    Badly probably
    Damo
    Don't put yourself down we all have to start somewhere,one day you may even beat Neil Daniels

Hi Bob
    Put me down for the pcp rife if it goes ahead, also the springer rifle,i will have to see about the springer pistol it is in for repair,sold the pcp pistol yesterday so that is out for me.
    Buzz
    Thanks Buzz - if you can send your entries in over the weekend I can post your entry packs out to you on Monday.

Thanks Buzz - if you can send your entries in over the weekend I can post your entry packs out to you on Monday.
    Hi Bob
    I have made the bank transfer in the name of M J Burrows for the mpl rifle springer,i will make the pistol payment when i get my pistol back from the gunshop and the pcp when you have decided weather or not to run the comp.
    Buzz

Frog - payment made MPL Pistol

Hi Bob,

payment made for entry to Pistol comp only this time (moving house so time will be limited!).

Paid by direct transfer.

Cheers

Frog

Damo
    Don't put yourself down we all have to start somewhere,one day you may even beat Neil Daniels
    We all need a goal uncle reg