Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Spring Summer 6 yard MPL Postal League

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Your payment arrived today and your two entry packs are on the way to you in France - non-recorded as you requested by International Standard service.

We usually send the entry packs with a signature needed to receive them so we know they have arrived OK (and they also tend to travel a little more safely too) but the postage cost savings are quite good using International Standard so I can see the reason for your choice. International Tracked and Signed would have been double the price

Please let me know when they arrive with you.
    thanks Bob, I'll let you know as soon as they land.

Andy

Entries Please!

Please let us have your entries for this new seasons competition as soon as you can.

We have just posted out the trophies for the top three shooters in each class for the 2014 Autumn/Winter Competition so that series is now closed - but if anyone has any cards to shoot they can still send them in to us so we can complete the results sheet and you can see how well you have done.

There is no closing date for this new seasons entries, but the sooner we get your competition packs to you, the more time you will have to shoot them.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Holywell, North Wales (twinned with Trumpville)
    My Target pack just arrived in the post this morning via a very frosty looking postie!

Cheers George. Les
    Is there such a thing as owning too many guns?

Quote Originally Posted by learningcurve View Post
    My Target pack just arrived in the post this morning via a very frosty looking postie!

Cheers George. Les
    Glad it arrived OK Les.

ATB - Bob.

Target packs landed in Montpellier yesterday, thanks Bob.

Andy

Please keep checking #5 on this post to make sure I know you have entered and have added your name to the appropriate class.

I have seen a couple of payment arrive by PayPal with no details of the senders address or the class they would like to enter.

Please let me know by PM or email if you have sent payment to let me know where you live and what class the payment is for.

Please don't forget to send your payments "charge free" so we can keep the entry fees as low as they are now for the future.

Some of our regular competitors have not entered yet - not a problem - you can enter at any time

Stickers

As from next week all new target packs sent out for the 6 yard MPL series will have STICKERS in them rather than the traditional MPL stamp on the front of the target.

This change is to speed-up the processing of your entries as until now every one of the targets has been stamped by myself - one at a time - and this takes some time to do them all.

The new entry packs will have 36 stickers and 36 targets included so the first job when you decide to shoot your MPL cards will be to place one sticker on the BACK of each target as close to the middle of the card as you can.

This will mean that most of your shots ( all of them if you are really good ) will be shot through the sticker.

Although this is hardly a new invention - it is a new procedure for us and it does bring us more into line with several other competitions that have used this same method of identifying a match target for many years.

This new system also keep all of the targets ID on the back where it cannot be seen when it is being shot and so there will be no chance of a cartoon character putting you off your aim in the future - unless you shoot with IJ
    Last edited by zooma; 23-01-2015 at 07:28 PM.

There will be a couple of days delay in sending out this weeks target packs as we wait for the new stickers to arrive - but as soon as they get here I will put them into the prepared entry packs and get them sent out.

The new stickers for the MPL postal competitions have arrived so I will drive over to pick them up on Monday and get any entry packs in the post that have not already been sent.

Thanks to those that have been waiting for your patience

I have sent out the last two entry packs today:-

Frank P = MPL pistol and Mark B = MPL rifle and Gasser rifle.

These packs have the new sticker in them rather than the old MPL stamp on the front.

Please place them on the back of your targets and in the middle so they get shot through.

The Gasser stickers are so good everyone should enter just to see the artwork - such a shame to shoot holes though them

If anyone else would like to enter please let me know - never too late

Please check #5 to make sure your entry is recorded.

Entry packs have been sent/collected by everyone on the list so far - any problems? - please contact me by PM or email.

Welcome to the 2015 Spring/Summer series Rickenbacker

Never too late to enter - we now have four different classes to enter to cover all types of spring, SSP and gas powered .177 air pistols and rifles
    so why not have a go - it's a good excuse to get some target shooting done and exercise those "treasures" that are only gathering dust or hiding in the loft/shed/garage/posh display cabinet .......etc.

It is good to see that Frog has carefully chosen his new home in Yeovil to include enough space to keep his 6 yard shooting going OK and it is also good to see him shooting 6 yard MPL rifle ( after I sent him a rifle entry pack by mistake )as well as MPL pistols this season.

Good luck in your new home Duncan....and with the competition

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    It is good to see that Frog has carefully chosen his new home in Yeovil to include enough space to keep his 6 yard shooting going OK and it is also good to see him shooting 6 yard MPL rifle ( after I sent him a rifle entry pack by mistake )as well as MPL pistols this season.

Good luck in your new home Duncan....and with the competition
    Thanks Bob.

I can shoot to 50m in my new garden - this had no influence on choice at all... honest...
    On arrival found a rifle safe bolted to a wall with a full set of keys. That's a bonus and then the local farmer popped in to say he has an issue with pigeons in the field next door to our house.

Settling in well and will get shooting targets soon.

Frog