Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: projects for 2015

projects for 2015

Ok people, whats on your list this year then I am doing work in my house this next few months so no purchases at moment. Myself for xmass have got hold of one of the new Walther light weight break barells a Terrus in .22, its fitted with a Leupold 4 copy, try it out tomorrow at club ( depending on weather). So over to you guys and gals.

ccdjg is online now Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe

Webley Whiting

I am going to have a stab at making a reproduction Webley Whiting air pistol (two in fact). Quite ambitious for me, so there will be a few learning curves in there and God only knows when it will be finished. In between riotous visits from the grandkids I spent a few pleasant hours over Christmas pouring over patent drawings (very generously provided by the great Mac Evans) and planning strategy. I've got most of the raw materials ordered and I am raring to go, - subject to being able to get my workshop up to a comfortable temperature. There are limits to the appeal of a project when you run the risk of freezing your b**** off.

Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    I am going to have a stab at making a reproduction Webley Whiting air pistol (two in fact). Quite ambitious for me, so there will be a few learning curves in there and God only knows when it will be finished. In between riotous visits from the grandkids I spent a few pleasant hours over Christmas pouring over patent drawings (very generously provided by the great Mac Evans) and planning strategy. I've got most of the raw materials ordered and I am raring to go, - subject to being able to get my workshop up to a comfortable temperature. There are limits to the appeal of a project when you run the risk of freezing your b**** off.
    My God, that is ambitious, John.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

sounds amazing, do please keep us all in the loop

Quote Originally Posted by fatttmannn View Post
    Ok people, whats on your list this year then I am doing work in my house this next few months so no purchases at moment. Myself for xmass have got hold of one of the new Walther light weight break barells a Terrus in .22, its fitted with a Leupold 4 copy, try it out tomorrow at club ( depending on weather). So over to you guys and gals.
    Just finishing restoring/tuning an anschutz 335 in .177, next up is gonna be a webley tracker .22 then a 1978 original 35 in .22, then reblue a xs20 hw95 clone, then make a stock for a airsporter mk2 from a nice laminate keeping it as true to the original but with a sporting cheek piece & checkering...and I may get a chance to even do some shooting!

Well Dave

I've been working flat out since Christmas Day on the little car I'm building :-

http://s1138.photobucket.com/user/mi...tml?sort=3&o=7

When this is finished I hope to get on with my 35E, this will have a rotary piston on bearings with the stroke stretched to 71mm.

I already have dog of a 35 running an O ring piston head and 71 mm stroke but I think my E deserves going a bit further.

All the best Mick

ha ha.. that car is awesome!

My project is get a nice workshop built and get shopping for a lathe - the real projects will come soon after - namely learn how to use the beast!
    Donald

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I have the second half of my LP53 project arriving next Friday, so that should keep me going for a little while.

I also have a Sussex Armoury sidelever that I've just rebuilt, it looks great but is currently underpowered and not very refined to shoot. I had thought to sell it, but I might just try and make it betterer.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Recently sorted out some of my old tool boxes, among the pile of now rusty stuff was a 90 % complete model steam engine that I started when I was an engineering apprentice, I'm past retirement age now and have decided to finish it this year. (along with a couple of others that I started in the meantime).
    Mel.

A very interesting project John.

It's a shame you don't live nearer to me as I'd happily let you take whatever steel you needed from my stockpile.

Mac's Whiting is one of the two I know to have been made outside the factory, the other one being made by Grant Stace in New Zealand :-

http://www.network54.com/Forum/57629...ge/1185010286/

Please keep us posted on progress

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Well Dave

I've been working flat out since Christmas Day on the little car I'm building :-

http://s1138.photobucket.com/user/mi...tml?sort=3&o=7

When this is finished I hope to get on with my 35E, this will have a rotary piston on bearings with the stroke stretched to 71mm.

I already have dog of a 35 running an O ring piston head and 71 mm stroke but I think my E deserves going a bit further.

All the best Mick
    hi Mick I had one of them little Daewos for a few years , not a bad little car

Quote Originally Posted by Papa g View Post
    Just finishing restoring/tuning an anschutz 335 in .177, next up is gonna be a webley tracker .22 then a 1978 original 35 in .22, then reblue a xs20 hw95 clone, then make a stock for a airsporter mk2 from a nice laminate keeping it as true to the original but with a sporting cheek piece & checkering...and I may get a chance to even do some shooting!
    Ah, 335 one of my faves, mines in .22 and its my second one Welsh Willi has my other one

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I have the second half of my LP53 project arriving next Friday, so that should keep me going for a little while.

I also have a Sussex Armoury sidelever that I've just rebuilt, it looks great but is currently underpowered and not very refined to shoot. I had thought to sell it, but I might just try and make it betterer.
    The lp53 is a true classic, and the Sussex armourey sideleavers can be a good rifle. I have ownded in the past aParabelum in .22 and a High Power. They were harsh to shoot and very noisey with the plastic stocks however with a bit of work on the actions they were made a better rifle, i filled the hollow stock and it quietended it down. At present I have an Air Arms branded Woodsman carbine, that is one of my real faves, in .22 and useing air arms /jsb,s its a accurate and powerful hunter

ccdjg is online now Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    A very interesting project John.

It's a shame you don't live nearer to me as I'd happily let you take whatever steel you needed from my stockpile.

Mac's Whiting is one of the two I know to have been made outside the factory, the other one being made by Grant Stace in New Zealand :-

http://www.network54.com/Forum/57629...ge/1185010286/

Please keep us posted on progress

All the best Mick

Thanks Mick. I will keep updating on progress, but don't expect anything rapid as I am a slow worker and easily get distracted by other calls on my time. It would have been great to have a few bits from your stockpile. I dream of having a big metal stockpile of my own and I do try to build one up but it never seems to happen. Useful scrap steel seems to be hard to find these days and buying stuff off the net soon breaks the bank.

Apparently Mac Evans made three examples of the Whiting. He has kept at least one and one belongs to the Webley collector John McCrossen. I don't know if Grant Stace made more than one.

Cheers
    John

Quote Originally Posted by mel h View Post
    Recently sorted out some of my old tool boxes, among the pile of now rusty stuff was a 90 % complete model steam engine that I started when I was an engineering apprentice, I'm past retirement age now and have decided to finish it this year. (along with a couple of others that I started in the meantime).
    Mel.
    like to see that Mel when its done, my son -william whos autistic loves steam engines, our holidays centre on steam engines and preserverd lines he loves them and it keeps him quiet for a while