Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: projects for 2015

Quote Originally Posted by fatttmannn View Post
    like to see that Mel when its done, my son -william whos autistic loves steam engines, our holidays centre on steam engines and preserverd lines he loves them and it keeps him quiet for a while
    I'll keep it in mind, it's not a loco, just a single cylinder horizontal engine about eight inches long.
    Mel

This was my last year’s project. It is made from old bits of lighter, coins, empty bullet shells, Skateboard bits, walking stick ferrules etc. I made it for a friend who rides a trike, it is on display at her house now…. (wishing I had kept it…lol)…. It took me 3 months or more….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp0Yu_CPPZo

edbear2 Guest
    Couple of holds up with the long TX so don't know when It will be shooting, I have a spare HW80 MK1 (.177) to do a sub 30mm conversion on at some time, A Club Airsporter to fit a sportarget to, Milpat will be getting a gentle going over as my eyes are playing up so may fit a wider blade(don't panic, Long Lee foresight inserts are the same), I want to do a scale Imp D and a few other things too, but don't have the time /inclination at the mo'

In the process of making a base to convert a A.E. Clarke / Gehmann rearsight to fit an HW (in the same way the original HW diopter does.

Ask again in 6 months, and I bet none of it will be finished!

ATB, Ed

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by havengore View Post
    This was my last year’s project. It is made from old bits of lighter, coins, empty bullet shells, Skateboard bits, walking stick ferrules etc. I made it for a friend who rides a trike, it is on display at her house now…. (wishing I had kept it…lol)…. It took me 3 months or more….

Neat bit of kit! Good lesson to learn - next time you want to impress a woman make two.

Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    I am going to have a stab at making a reproduction Webley Whiting air pistol (two in fact). Quite ambitious for me, so there will be a few learning curves in there and God only knows when it will be finished. In between riotous visits from the grandkids I spent a few pleasant hours over Christmas pouring over patent drawings (very generously provided by the great Mac Evans) and planning strategy. I've got most of the raw materials ordered and I am raring to go, - subject to being able to get my workshop up to a comfortable temperature. There are limits to the appeal of a project when you run the risk of freezing your b**** off.
    That's a fabulous project wish I had thought of that.

I'm building an all stainless HW80 which is proving more complex than I had planned

Thumbs up

Hi

Happy new year all!!

This mk1 HW80 will be the first resto of the new year, it was really rusted badly!!

Pic 1

Pic 2

There was absolutely no pre load on the spring, It had been chopped and left awful so I think i'll warm/collapse the last coil then dress it, May just fit a new spring/Tinbum kit!!

Strange thing is that the power was good (11.4 as tested by SDS in Sheffield) and the gun was smooth!!

The spring is around 9 3/4" long and will end up around 9" when I've done!!

Pic 3

The rough cut!!

Pic 4

I'll finish polishing the metal today or tomorrow as it's going for a reblack on monday

I've still got several projects too!

EDIT- Just noticed! According to the makers of the rule, there's only 25mm in an inch!!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Great job.
    Mel.

Wow, that's really impressive.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

thanks for all you inputt guys.

Find trigger for my M1

Quote Originally Posted by grezoor View Post
    Find trigger for my M1
    well you are in the best place to find one.

project for 15

I still have a few unfinished but no rush really i guess.
    However a kind friend found me a very nice walther barreled webley tomahawk in 22 cal.
    I was considering lazerglide but i feel a trigger fettle and increase in stroke to aid ease of cocking along with spit n polish may be nice as i love lazy actions but cocking it now for me is tiresome with my nackered arm n shoulder .
    Not that it isnt nice now but i know it can be much sweeter .

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Hi

I've still got several projects too!

EDIT- Just noticed! According to the makers of the rule, there's only 25mm in an inch!!!

John
    whats that sidelever at the top John?
    Donald

Project 2015

Hoping to get my 97K MB back from VMach in the next few months and then get my HW80 MK1 reblued and tuned and funny enough get my .20 cal Tommy finished. Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by original45 View Post
    I still have a few unfinished but no rush really i guess.
    However a kind friend found me a very nice walther barreled webley tomahawk in 22 cal.
    I was considering lazerglide but i feel a trigger fettle and increase in stroke to aid ease of cocking along with spit n polish may be nice as i love lazy actions but cocking it now for me is tiresome with my nackered arm n shoulder .
    Not that it isnt nice now but i know it can be much sweeter .
    Yes I have one of them myself, and to my mind its the best of all the old Webleys break barells.