Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: projects for 2015

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

projects for 2015

Ok people, whats on your list this year then I am doing work in my house this next few months so no purchases at moment. Myself for xmass have got hold of one of the new Walther light weight break barells a Terrus in .22, its fitted with a Leupold 4 copy, try it out tomorrow at club ( depending on weather). So over to you guys and gals.

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe

Webley Whiting

I am going to have a stab at making a reproduction Webley Whiting air pistol (two in fact). Quite ambitious for me, so there will be a few learning curves in there and God only knows when it will be finished. In between riotous visits from the grandkids I spent a few pleasant hours over Christmas pouring over patent drawings (very generously provided by the great Mac Evans) and planning strategy. I've got most of the raw materials ordered and I am raring to go, - subject to being able to get my workshop up to a comfortable temperature. There are limits to the appeal of a project when you run the risk of freezing your b**** off.

Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    I am going to have a stab at making a reproduction Webley Whiting air pistol (two in fact). Quite ambitious for me, so there will be a few learning curves in there and God only knows when it will be finished. In between riotous visits from the grandkids I spent a few pleasant hours over Christmas pouring over patent drawings (very generously provided by the great Mac Evans) and planning strategy. I've got most of the raw materials ordered and I am raring to go, - subject to being able to get my workshop up to a comfortable temperature. There are limits to the appeal of a project when you run the risk of freezing your b**** off.
    My God, that is ambitious, John.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

sounds amazing, do please keep us all in the loop

A very interesting project John.

It's a shame you don't live nearer to me as I'd happily let you take whatever steel you needed from my stockpile.

Mac's Whiting is one of the two I know to have been made outside the factory, the other one being made by Grant Stace in New Zealand :-

http://www.network54.com/Forum/57629...ge/1185010286/

Please keep us posted on progress

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    A very interesting project John.

It's a shame you don't live nearer to me as I'd happily let you take whatever steel you needed from my stockpile.

Mac's Whiting is one of the two I know to have been made outside the factory, the other one being made by Grant Stace in New Zealand :-

http://www.network54.com/Forum/57629...ge/1185010286/

Please keep us posted on progress

All the best Mick

Thanks Mick. I will keep updating on progress, but don't expect anything rapid as I am a slow worker and easily get distracted by other calls on my time. It would have been great to have a few bits from your stockpile. I dream of having a big metal stockpile of my own and I do try to build one up but it never seems to happen. Useful scrap steel seems to be hard to find these days and buying stuff off the net soon breaks the bank.

Apparently Mac Evans made three examples of the Whiting. He has kept at least one and one belongs to the Webley collector John McCrossen. I don't know if Grant Stace made more than one.

Cheers
    John

This was my last year’s project. It is made from old bits of lighter, coins, empty bullet shells, Skateboard bits, walking stick ferrules etc. I made it for a friend who rides a trike, it is on display at her house now…. (wishing I had kept it…lol)…. It took me 3 months or more….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp0Yu_CPPZo

Quote Originally Posted by havengore View Post
    This was my last year’s project. It is made from old bits of lighter, coins, empty bullet shells, Skateboard bits, walking stick ferrules etc. I made it for a friend who rides a trike, it is on display at her house now…. (wishing I had kept it…lol)…. It took me 3 months or more….

Neat bit of kit! Good lesson to learn - next time you want to impress a woman make two.

Neat bit of kit! Good lesson to learn - next time you want to impress a woman make two.

Lol… If I want to impress her I’ll give her my old skateboard… Especially now as for some strange reason the rear axil is dragging the ground & it doesnt go very fast….. Thanks for the compliments though… At least now I can say "I've done a little soldering".

Lol… If I want to impress her I’ll give her my old skateboard… Especially now as for some strange reason the rear axil is dragging the ground & it doesnt go very fast….. Thanks for the compliments though… At least now I can say "I've done a little soldering".
    That's no way to talk about her! None of us are getting any younger.

Great job.
    Mel.

Wow, that's really impressive.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

thanks for all you inputt guys.

That's a fabulous project wish I had thought of that.

I'm building an all stainless HW80 which is proving more complex than I had planned

Thumbs up

Hi

Happy new year all!!

This mk1 HW80 will be the first resto of the new year, it was really rusted badly!!

Pic 1

Pic 2

There was absolutely no pre load on the spring, It had been chopped and left awful so I think i'll warm/collapse the last coil then dress it, May just fit a new spring/Tinbum kit!!

Strange thing is that the power was good (11.4 as tested by SDS in Sheffield) and the gun was smooth!!

The spring is around 9 3/4" long and will end up around 9" when I've done!!

Pic 3

The rough cut!!

Pic 4

I'll finish polishing the metal today or tomorrow as it's going for a reblack on monday

I've still got several projects too!

EDIT- Just noticed! According to the makers of the rule, there's only 25mm in an inch!!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/