Thread: Original model 35

Original model 35

Evening all. I've just purchased a project today. In need of some TLC (and some bluing) I've a full strip down planned. Is there any advice or methods I need to help me along the way? I'm a bit conscious of the ball bearing trigger assembly.

trigger

there easy .there a tube inside a tube.the inside tube olds the bearings the outer has the tention spring grooved in top when you removed the rear cylinder cap you will see.when refitting the bearings just make sure u use plenty of grease .this will old the bearings in place .hope this helps coddy

as coddy says,not the scare these are made out to be.i have done a 27 and that was easy enough,just take a good look as the trigger mech. is withdrawn so you get the orientation correct when reinstalling.failing that have a look on the web,there are good pictures on pyramid air i think. atb

original 35

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread.php?379345-Idiots-guide-to-classic-airgun-strips-%28pt-1%29/page5[/url] this should help

Well, it came apart all right tonight. Time will tell when it has to go back together

Leather piston seal now soaking in Neatsfoot and getting the metalwork ready for a reblue.

Enjoy your new project, Mark.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

There a lovley old gun, enjoy. Mines a 35 B, late 60,s model rebluded by Mag dose just under 11 ftlbs with air arms domes.

I ran a few shots off before strip down. Very nice to cock and slightly noisy to shoot, although I didn't chrono' it. I'm sure it will improve with a relube as it was as dry as a chip.

Couple of good threads on the Chinese Forum of my two Originals a Diana 35 Super and a Mod50 before and after