Thread: Hawke sidewinder 30 sf 6-24x56 20x mil dot

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Well I have just bought another one of these scopes as the first one I got just does what you need it to...hawke must have revised a few things now it doesn't come with the hard case what isn't a big deal as it just gets used to keep junk in buut the best thing is now they have added flip up covers as standard ( great move hawke)

So if you want the flip up covers make sure and ask for the latest version that is not in the hard case but the card board box....
    Slow is smooth and smooth is fast

They are very good scopes, I've had mine for over a year and never had a problem

Thanks for the review am in the process of upgrading my scope

Have one on a .223 Howa Varmint rig.
    Greys at 200 M no problem.
    Designer of BASC Logo

After much research....I think that this is the scope i'm going to go for Though in 42mm instead of 56mm....
    I want to get a pretty decent scope from the outset! It might be on the higher side of what i was looking to pay for a scope....but i don't really want to be upgrading after 6 months or so and wasting money....so want to get it right first time!
    I've watched quite a few youtube reviews and only seen good things about the scope

just put one of these on my .22lr , had a lovely Nikon prostaf 3-9 but wanted a little more mag for long range shooting and this was on a bsa r10 I bought, I really like hawkes and they suit my eyes better than similar priced scopes , mtc , nikkos etc. Thought I would try it on my annie , a bit ott if being honest but on 12 mag with a 50 yard zero and the hawke ballistic converter its great , lovely glass and great ret and so far its superb , would like the 42 version too
    rgds
    craig

just reading this review as its on the first page, I'm considering one for my FAC rapid, how well has the sidewinder stood up to 30 months use?