Thread: Hawke sidewinder 30 sf 6-24x56 20x mil dot

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    thanks for the review, i literally bought one about 4 hours ago, exact same model too!
    I didnt get much chance to test it in the shop, but everything looked really clear, no noticeable blurring or naughtyness as i went through the zoom range.
    Feels like a nice bit of kit, i did a bit of reading before buying it as it was quite expensive (389 with mounts), a fair amount more than i had paid before for a scope, but its going on a .223 so worth spending a bit more i thought!

I agree on the lens caps, they are a bit fiddly to get going and not cross threaded, objective more so.
    Hopefully i will get out and play with it soon.

Incidentally, its really easy to set up on chairgun or the hawke ballistic calculator, it does all the work for you if you know the specs of the ammo you are using, it will even print you out a little card for the scope caps (if you have them) with all the mil dot distances.
    Good Deals: Chief Wiggum, sniper-wolf, Brianf51, Fordy, Maffs, Sgibbar
    .177 Falcon FN-12 Thumbhole. CZ 452 .17 custom, Air Arms S400T

Yeah good review there. I got a 6-24x56 half-mildot x20 for my FAC Rapid and I must say the clarity is absolutely stunning!

thanks

useful, thanks as i've got my eyes on one of these

Well I have just bought another one of these scopes as the first one I got just does what you need it to...hawke must have revised a few things now it doesn't come with the hard case what isn't a big deal as it just gets used to keep junk in buut the best thing is now they have added flip up covers as standard ( great move hawke)

So if you want the flip up covers make sure and ask for the latest version that is not in the hard case but the card board box....
    Slow is smooth and smooth is fast

They are very good scopes, I've had mine for over a year and never had a problem

Thanks for the review am in the process of upgrading my scope

Have one on a .223 Howa Varmint rig.
    Greys at 200 M no problem.
    Designer of BASC Logo