Thread: Tempest trigger adjustment?

Tempest trigger adjustment?

Had an itch to scratch as regards getting the Webley Tempest, so bought one new yesterday. Quirky thing but king of intriguing. Think I'm going to like it if I can get the trigger lighter. I've unscrewed the adjuster till it sticks out a couple of visible threads and would like to go further but am a little concerned about going too far and it dropping out. Has anyone had it all the way out and does it go back easily? Has anyone turned it out more than 2 visible threads? and is there a point where unscrewing more makes no more difference? I was surprised to find the trigger has no slack, just a firm wall of resistance. Yes, Ive checked out the manual which does say 3 to 5lb is the range for trigger pull. Thanks in advance for any tips. ATB. Pete.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    This may help & also covers your question about what happens if you back the screw out too far....
    http://anotherairgunblog.blogspot.co...y-tempest.html

Harvey
    Last edited by harvey_s; 06-01-2015 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    This may help & also covers your question about what happens if you back the screw out too far....
    http://anotherairgunblog.blogspot.co...y-tempest.html

Harvey
    Thanks Harvey. Very good. Just what I needed. Been shooting it all this morning having set the trigger screw flush, as it was when bought and have got on better than yesterday by using a more positive press. ATB. Pete.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Two days in to my new Tempest and the breach seal has split! Two days! Rather than having another crap one fitted under warranty and being without the gun for a while, i've had a word with Nick (magicniner) who makes stronger ones, I'm having one made and fitted today. Not a good start, but we'll see how we go. ATB. Pete.

Is it a Turkish one in 0.177? If so check that edge of barrel is not too sharp and check that the pellet skirt is not proud.

I found the Turkish chewed up 2 seals, I'm on the third one now which is fine, this is an original seal for an English tempest (needed to sand down circumference to fit). Also had to shim behind the seal to provide a snug fit to the barrel. I carefully took off the sharp edge on the barrel. I put every pellet through a sizerpack so they fit flush in the barrel (even Gecos which are small in the first place). Hobbies would not sit flush.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimstraight View Post
    Is it a Turkish one in 0.177? If so check that edge of barrel is not too sharp and check that the pellet skirt is not proud.

I found the Turkish chewed up 2 seals, I'm on the third one now which is fine, this is an original seal for an English tempest (needed to sand down circumference to fit). Also had to shim behind the seal to provide a snug fit to the barrel. I carefully took off the sharp edge on the barrel. I put every pellet through a sizerpack so they fit flush in the barrel (even Gecos which are small in the first place). Hobbies would not sit flush.
    Yes Turkish. Nick has made a solid neoprene ( I think) seal and fitted it. I watched him do it and test the gun for full pressure. Was well impressed with his knowledge and skills plus enthusiasm for the work. The factory seal was very soft and not up to the job. Nicks is! ATB. Pete. PS Nick found a shim already placed behind the dodgy seal.