Thread: Gem infomation wanted

Gem infomation wanted

I’m trying to find out the manufacturer and the approximate date of my .177 Gem,the only number on it is 41 that’s stamped on the end of the cylinder and also on the end of the barrel next to the breech seal,can anyone tell me, is this the serial number,or just there for use in the factory.Also are there any books,apart from the Hiller guide that have information about the Gem style air guns.

Gem info

If you search on the network 54 website the is a Gem collectors forum, you may get more information there.

Thanks Steve

Quote Originally Posted by peter.H View Post
    I’m trying to find out the manufacturer and the approximate date of my .177 Gem,the only number on it is 41 that’s stamped on the end of the cylinder and also on the end of the barrel next to the breech seal,can anyone tell me, is this the serial number,or just there for use in the factory.Also are there any books,apart from the Hiller guide that have information about the Gem style air guns.

Pics would help,but here is the Gem forum that has been mentioned link,

http://www.network54.com/Forum/661795/

You can trawl through the posts and try to compare yours against posted pics.The number 41 is probably a batch number rather than a serial number,by the way.

ATB.
    Last edited by mrto; 08-01-2015 at 09:09 AM.