Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: rilfes evreyone else told you was crap and they wernt

Quote Originally Posted by flatrajectory View Post
    Most springers are 'twangy' out of the box, so don't tell me you have never done a light tune to sort that.
    The loading port needed nothing more than a polish and lube.
    Fabulous rifle and no one will convince me otherwise.
    Pete.
    Fair enough. I wouldn't mind a '57 myself to be fair

Ok another one for you to ponder Sumatra Carbine . Agian a rifle I liked the look of the first time I saw, and has usual was told you dont want one of them mate well I got one eventually and its bloody good Accurate, powerful and have to admit the Winchester loading dose wonders for my John Wayne complex alla True Grit Yes I know its imposible with a real Winchester but hey thats accademic Mine likes the Crossman Domes in 10.5 grains and allthough I have it fitted with a Whitetail 1-5x20 its a delight to use, highly recomended by myself.
    Last edited by fatttmannn; 10-01-2015 at 08:52 PM.

Smile

Have to agree with the Lightnings- I've two and they're brilliant little rifles, could be carried all day in the field unlike my HW80s or Diana52s!! The only thing I dislike about them is the cra**y bleddy scope rail :/

I took my two to the range and although they were grouping superbly, Trouble was that the group was around four inches to the right on both!! I think I have 11mm mounts on the 14mm maxigrip rail

Dunno why Beesa couldn't have just cut 11mm rails in- or made the maxigrip rail take 11mm mounts

Also, someone mentioned the Stealth, My Stealth will be staying with me forever!! It's such a superb little gun!!

I had a Logun S-16 too and as far as performance goes, it fired extremely consistently through the chono, within 3fps over a five shot string) but the thing leaked all the time I had it! had to take a big hit when I off loaded Also, it was dead easy to jam the barrel with pellets but I only did that once!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Agree with the Bsa, I had one myself for a few years and it was a nice rifle, spoilt by the triguer and the maxi grip. The s 16, allways wanted one but evrey one I have triead they have leaked has any one ever got one that works properly

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by fatttmannn View Post
    Agree with the Bsa, I had one myself for a few years and it was a nice rifle, spoilt by the triguer and the maxi grip. The s 16, allways wanted one but evrey one I have triead they have leaked has any one ever got one that works properly

Hi Dave

There's a chap that reseals the S-16 with much better quality seals, everyone said they were much better afterwards, Think he was called The Airgun Doc, he was a member (May still be?) on here and a couple more sites...

I'm fairly sure he used to build them back in the day, anyhow apparently he really knew his way around them!!

Wish i'd sent mine off to him now!!

I even bought a case for it but haven't got a clue what I did with it!! It's still in the box somewhere!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Thanks John didnt know that, allmost got one last year but was put off by the fact a good mate got one and used it once in 6 months, the rest of the time it was back at AGS/Webley no they never did fix it properly, he sold it at a lose and vowed would never touch another one.

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    I got a MK1 R10 in Oct 2009 it`s been used every week since then, always accurate and no problems. .. After being JBd as soon as i got it .
    ATB, Gordon.
    Professional Ferret Juggler

Quote Originally Posted by gordon View Post
    I got a MK1 R10 in Oct 2009 it`s been used every week since then, always accurate and no problems. .. After being JBd as soon as i got it .
    I have a bsa firebird , that was re-barreld in .20 and blueprinted by Mr Bowkett, best £175 I ever spent

gun

logun solo
    [/FONT][/SIZE]Living The Dream

Quote Originally Posted by michelin2000 View Post
    logun solo
    yes with you on that, a cracking rifle.