Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SSM tumbling

I'm going to buy a rock tumbler there a lot cheaper!

Yes the rock tumbling drums will work perfectly - Unfortunately, not dirt cheap - 17cm drums, which are about as small as is practical, are £50+ each. Most of the other rock tumbling drums are 10-11cms, just 4 inches.

If you are thinking of making one you need to sort the drums out first, this will dictate the whole layout and size of the tumbler.

If you're handy with wood you could make a bucket size octagonal drum with 19mm marine ply. I've seen some decent stainless canisters at my local "Pound Stretcher" shop for £12. These are bread bins, all stainless with an "o" ring sealed lid.

A section of the very thick walled yellow gas pipe would do nicely - the wall is thick enough that you could drill, tap and insert studs to take wingnuts.

B&Q/ Wicks have various large plastic drain couplers. Smallish drums could be made from healthfood "Whey protein" containers.

Here's a little dry tumbler I made 30 odd years ago specially for tumbling my .32 S&W Long competition pistol brass.

Renegade Master is offline They mostly come at night, mostly
    Cheers for that. I actually have a length of 6" drainage pipe I was going to use but was interested in other options.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbangwhallop View Post
    This one's sold now but might give you another make to consider......

http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...s-ready-to-go)

Cheers

Fizz
    this was mine
    worked a charm
    you can pick up smaller one on that would be perfect for pistol cases
    get some crystal citric acid and make sure you check ever case inside and out
    doesnt matter what size holes or media you will be surprised how they can combine to fill a hole!
    had three wedged in a triangle in a primer pocket and a load that had got stuck in necks

easy enough to knock out

I only sold it as I have a US and really dont care if they are that clean or not!

Whatever you do, go SS you wont regret it