Thread: umarex 1911

umarex 1911

Hi, what's the best way to pin the rear safety on the back of the grip? Cheers for any advice.

I did mine about two weeks ago.I just took the grips off tapped out the tiny pin at the bottom of the pistol grip and then slide out a black plastic thing (not sure what is called but its part of the back strap),there's a spring on the under side of the grip safety -remove this with some long nosed pliers and place a blob of sugru under the safety grip, squeeze it down and leave it to set overnight. I got my sugru from wilkos for less than a fiver.Whole job took about five minutes.

Troy

Quote Originally Posted by sniper24687066 View Post
    I did mine about two weeks ago.I just took the grips off tapped out the tiny pin at the bottom of the pistol grip and then slide out a black plastic thing (not sure what is called but its part of the back strap),there's a spring on the under side of the grip safety -remove this with some long nosed pliers and place a blob of sugru under the safety grip, squeeze it down and leave it to set overnight. I got my sugru from wilkos for less than a fiver.Whole job took about five minutes.

Troy

Likewise some photos on post #18 here:
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ex+1911+safety