Thread: Webley Pistols

Webley Pistols

Can anyone direct me to a summary of the various historic webley pistol models? Considering an older model 'tempest' type. Thanks

I am sure that the Tempest is probably classed as a newer model on here with the collectors but they were a nice looking gun.
    Some of the real experts will be along to tell you what came first but I think Webley started with the MK1 pistol in about 1930.
    Other models were the junior and senior pistols, and I think that the senior was replaced by the premier around 1960.
    Mid 70's saw the Hurricane and less powerful typhoon introduced and made until the early 90's, and the more compact Tempest was introduced around 1979 and made until about 2005 according to the blue book but I believe that you can still buy the Tempest albeit a Turkish made one.There is also a new version of the Typhoon made with synthetic stock.
    I know I have generalised and missed lots of Mark numbers and different variations along the way but hope this helps a bit.

If I have got some bits wrong someone more knowledgeable will correct me.
    Last edited by DEAN C.; 11-01-2015 at 02:59 AM.
    BASC

The first Webley pistol was the straight grip MK1 introduced in 1924.

This link, http://www.network54.com/Forum/68145...041211/Pistols

contains pics of most if not all of the models and variations of MK1,Senior,Premier,Tempest,Hurricane,Junior and others.

ATB.
    Last edited by mrto; 11-01-2015 at 03:17 AM.

Thanks guys- the weblink is just the sort of thing I was after and a great starting point for this webley novice!

Hi,

Lots of Webley related info here:

http://www.classicapa.com/viewforum.php?f=40

Regards

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by JMH123 View Post
    Thanks guys- the weblink is just the sort of thing I was after and a great starting point for this webley novice!

Welcome to the top of the slippery slope. You'll soon find that there are at least 400 variants that you simply must have. You'll become fluent in Mk and batch numbers and hopefully richer (but only spiritually) for the experience.

All the best
    Enjoy the ride, Mick
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns .