Thread: Sig Sauer P226 " NEW " models by IWG Europe ?

Sig Sauer P226 " NEW " models by IWG Europe ?

I came upon this link amongst the wealth of stuff on " muzzle de " website .

I have found this site to be very useful for reference purposes as I collect imitation firearms mostly and there are lots of different categories on here .

The link shows various branded Sig Sauer CO2 pistol models which I have never seen in the UK ?

http://www.muzzle.de/N6/CO2/SigSauer..._co_-_iwg.html

They look very well made and work differently than the regular models we get here in UK with the desirable addition of a working slide / fieldstrip and blowback altho I cannot figure out how to translate the wealth of text describing the models .

The dates shown indicate these are not new models elsewhere in Europe but seemingly have not made it over the pond to us in the UK - shame ......

A new Sig Sauer 516 CO2 assault rifle does however seem to be UK available and looks interesting if a bit plasticcy maybe .....

http://www.gunstar.co.uk/sig-sauer-s...ir-Guns/738949

Does anyone have any information on the CO2 pistols shown in the link ?

They look the biz !

Carl.

if you read your link to the 226 properly you will see this pistol never made it to market because IWG went bankrupt. The author of the article did manage to get hold of a working prototype, but as is shown in the pictures it didn't work very long because the trigger bar was cast aluminium, and subsequently cracked completely in half. His recommendation was to have this part remade in steel, but as he already states earlier it won't ever happen. Shame.

the SIG rifle has already been discussed over on the UBC, it was touted originally on a french website for 129 euro HERE, and a UBC member claims to have ordered one from a retailer in wales, although his post was on saturday 10th and he has not been on since and answered subsequent questions about it. It may be that he has done it through an RFD transfer and has not yet received his rifle, so we are still waiting for his follow up post and review

hope this helps

That is an extremely nice looking rifle and at a decent price.

sig saur

Hi just been looking at a 516 on g** t****r seems a good price at £115