Thread: Possible Swap / Trade - - Colt Navy <> Vintage Airguns

Possible Swap / Trade - - Colt Navy <> Vintage Airguns

This is probably a real longshot. Pardon the pun.

I am making the decision to out my vintage airgun collection and use the funds to start collecting American Civil War period arms.
    My starting point would be to acquire a period Colt Navy/Army percussion revolver.
    Is the anyone out there that may be interested in a swap/trade?

Hello,

I still shoot reproduction muzzle loading revolvers and always drool over the original Colt. Remington, Rogers & Spencer examples at Arms Fairs etc. The price these pistols command seemed way too much for me with one exception. l really wanted at least one original pistol and managed to pick up a nice Colt 1849 Pocket with matching numbers etc some time ago now, for just £600. Given their less arduous intended use and the fact that around 350,000 of these pistols were produced, it's not really surprising that so many survived with consequent still reasonable prices in today's terms.

As I'm sure you are already aware, original uncased 1851 Navy, 1862 Army and Remington NMA's etc usually sell for around £1,500 - £3000 with cased sets fetching between £4000-£8000 and sometimes much more.

I hope somebody might come up with a possible exchange which might at least get you on your way pending that national lottery win !

Regards

Brian