Thread: Alex Boddy Charity Shoot 13/9/2015

Alex Boddy Charity Shoot 13/9/2015

Hi,
    The Meon Valley Airgun Club Charity Shoot in memory of Alex Boddy will take place on the 13th September 2015.

This is an open invitation to all shooters of both styles of FT & HFT & both styles will be allowed on the day

Targets will be set from 8 - 55yards with scoring using FT rules.

Entries will be £10 on the day and all monies raised will go to "The Rosemary Foundation"
    http://www.rosemary-foundation.org.uk/ there will also be a prize raffle and trophy awards to take place at the end of the day.
    food and refreshments will be available all day via a chuck waggon (burger van)

The event will be held at our Hen Wood site - go to www.mvac.co.uk for directions and entries from 9am -11am.

Alex Boddy was one of only two members alongside his wife "Judit" who shot FT at mvac , he was a very popular and much liked member of the club and encapsulated the spirit of what our sport entails, always ready to help others.
    Alex was always smiling and constantly trying to be the best he could, even after he was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumour, Alex still continued to be an active member.

this is a fun charity shoot and you will be able to shoot FT prone and HFT sitting on a bean bag

So please if you can, come along and help support us to raise as much as possible.

any questions or general enquires please contact me via PM or Email.

Many Thanks
    Mike
    Last edited by happydad; 12-01-2015 at 08:33 PM.
    HFT.......SAVED MY SANITY 🤡
    59er HW100 barreled Steyr Lg110 + Sightron s111 10×42
    Beware the man with one gun.

Meon Valley AC had a bit of a trial run for this format a few weeks ago at our Christmas shoot - and it was enormous fun! (In fact, we had a couple of targets that were out to 60+ yards and it all added to the enjoyment of the day)

Now I know that some of you might be a little bit wary or uncertain about mixing FT and HFT, but Meon Valley AC can guarantee a great day's shooting in Hen Woods, a warm welcome for all, as well as a chance to help raise much-needed funds for the Rosemary Foundation (the charity that did so much to help both Alex and his wife Judit during his last few months), and to remember someone who was considered to be an absolutely "top bloke" by all those who ever had the pleasure of meeting Alex. Although Meon is primarily an HFT club and Alex was an FT shooter through-and-through, he and Judit immediately fitted in well with the club and even tempted some dyed-in-the-wool HFT members to consider shooting FT. As I say, a top bloke, sadly missed by so many.

At the wake following Alex's funeral last Autumn, we met so many shooters from far afield who had made the journey to pay their last respects, including from Springfield AGC where Alex was a member prior to moving down to Hampshire, and some very amiable and entertaining chaps from Kent - all of whom were keen to come along if we organised a memorial shoot. Well, as per the above post, the date has now been set and we are very keen to see as many of you as can make it down to Hampshire on Sunday 13th September.

Please put it in your diaries now, then tell your friends, fellow club members, put it on your Facebook page and your club websites if you can, please.

Help us make the day as well-attended as possible, raise a goodly amount for an excellent cause, and honour the memory of Alex Boddy.

ATB
    Mike

Thank you, Air Arms!

I've just taken delivery of an ENORMOUS box of goodies that have very kindly been donated by Air Arms as raffle prizes for this event - huge thanks to Claire West and all the team at Air Arms for their very kind support

Entry is just £10.00 and all money raised goes to the Rosemary Foundation, an often-overlooked charity that did so much for Alex and his wife Judit during their all-too-brief but so very important last few months and weeks together.

So, whether you shoot FT or HFT, do please come along and join in the fun on what will be an exceptional day's shooting, and help raise some money for a very worthwhile cause.

And who knows, you might just be one of the lucky people who walks away with one of the super prizes that are up for grabs
    Last edited by fastnick; 06-08-2015 at 12:18 PM.

HI,
    Found out yesterday that in our (MVAC) eagerness to publicise the “Alex Boddy Charity Shoot” we had inadvertently confused some people over the shooting format for the day, so a big SORRY if we have put anyone off from attending this Sunday.

The format is as follows:

The course will be set out as an FT set up, with targets set out between 8-55y, there will be 20 gates (lanes) shot between 2 pegs and there will be 2 target’s per gate.

You will be able to shoot it in your own preferred style I.E. if you are a HFT shooter and if that’s how you wish to shoot the course, then when signing-in, tell us and you will be given a HFT score card, if you wish to shoot it as FT again when you sign in, let us know and you will be give an FT score card.

But, if you want to have a go at FT with your HFT set-up or vice versa then all you need to do is to have the score card in that Style and follow the rules and scoring for that discipline.

The reason behind this is that Alex would shoot our HFT courses that we would set out on Sundays as FT, so we have decided to flip it around slightly, also if you wish to shoot along side an FT or HFT shooter let us know on the day and will try and pair you up.

There will also be trophies for 1st, 2nd & 3rd in both formats.

For directions to our Hen woods site visit our web page http://www.mvac.co.uk/ click on location, then click “view large map” then click “ access to Hen woods in the drop down , zoom in and you will get a very good idea of just how far up into the woods we are.

The prizes and donations for the raffle are growing day by day and with the possibility of the sun shinning + raising money for a great cause why would you want to be any where else

Hope this helps and If you need any more info please just send me a pm or post on here

Many thanks
    ATB
    Mike
    Last edited by happydad; 09-09-2015 at 06:02 AM. Reason: can't spell

great new for the Alex Boddy charity shoot

I have had some fantastic news.....just had it confirmed from "McLaren" (yes! the people that build those very special and stunning sports cars) that they will be donating some very special prizes to our (MVAC) Charity shoot in memory of Alex Boddy.

Alex was employed by McLaren and was part of the CAD design team working on a number of projects like the P1.

so now you have even more reason to get down to MVAC and join in what is turning out to be the a very special day, and lets try and raise as much monies as possible for a great cause.

ATB
    Mike

What time is safety brief and kick off?
    HFT Team England 2012 - 2013
    Incompetent writer for Airgunner
    UKAHFT, World and SiHFT Recoiling champ 2017

Quote Originally Posted by scutter View Post
    What time is safety brief and kick off?
    Hi Gary,
    Booking in from 9 -11am and depending on the amount of people turning up there will probably be two safety brief's, one about 10am and the other just after 11am for the late arrival's, The emphasis being that this event should be fun and enjoyable, and to let it flow at a steady and relaxed pace, the serious side will be raising as much monies as possible.
    Expect there to be plenty of micky taking with HFT & FT shooting side by side

ATB
    Mike
    Last edited by happydad; 09-09-2015 at 05:16 AM.

thanks to all who helped this morning, the course is set and ready to go!
    These are the very special prizes that we will be auctioning off at the end of the day, kindly donated by McLaren. Worth the wait don’t you think? See you all on Sunday
    and make sure you have a few £'s for the Raffle tickets and auction

mclaren 001.jpgmclaren 002.jpg