Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Airgun Collector magazines 1 & 2 - free to download and keep!

Just had a brief look thru the download. Superb, especially the materiel on tools/stock refinishing. Big thank you to all concerned, just what I needed.

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

airgun collector 2

thanks for that looking foreward to reading it , issue one was very good.

aimless Guest

Cool

DANKE; THANKS, MERCIE; MILLE GRAZIE; BEDANKT ;-)

, Jochen

Great effort by all the contributors and a special thanks to Danny for making it all possible.

Now where do we locate the 1st edition

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    ....Now where do we locate the 1st edition
    Either via the sticky thread or go straight to the excellent Vintage Airgun Gallery where you can find the links and a plethora of other delights to view. HTH

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    Either via the sticky thread or go straight to the excellent Vintage Airgun Gallery where you can find the links and a plethora of other delights to view. HTH
    Thanks Nick. Sorry, Mark, I didn't see your request.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

I have finally read through this monumental work and Danny has put together another winner - no surprises there.

The restoration pieces give the piece a feel similar to early Airgun World or Sporting Air Rifle issues, which were full of this kind of thing. Lakey's excellent illustrations certainly helped with comprehension, although I am personally way too technically challenged to attempt any of the work described.

A particular highlight for me was Barry Lacoppi's reminisces around his BSA Improved Model D as well as the aspiration, acquisition and arrival of his 'special' Webley Mark 3. It was great to read a first hand account around the commissioning such a rifle and I take my hat off to Barry's patience while he awaited the arrival of his aperture sighted rifle.

Len's detailed thesis on early Walther LP53s was fascinating and I predict will remain a long term reference on these early models, as and when they come to light.

We in the collecting community are truly fortunate to have Danny in our midst, as the two issues of Airgun Collector released to date are among the very best airgun related works published. A huge thank you from me and roll on the next one!

John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    I have finally read through this monumental work and Danny has put together another winner - no surprises there.

The restoration pieces give the piece a feel similar to early Airgun World or Sporting Air Rifle issues, which were full of this kind of thing. Lakey's excellent illustrations certainly helped with comprehension, although I am personally way too technically challenged to attempt any of the work described.

A particular highlight for me was Barry Lacoppi's reminisces around his BSA Improved Model D as well as the aspiration, acquisition and arrival of his 'special' Webley Mark 3. It was great to read a first hand account around the commissioning such a rifle and I take my hat off to Barry's patience while he awaited the arrival of his aperture sighted rifle.

Len's detailed thesis on early Walther LP53s was fascinating and I predict will remain a long term reference on these early models, as and when they come to light.

We in the collecting community are truly fortunate to have Danny in our midst, as the two issues of Airgun Collector released to date are among the very best airgun related works published. A huge thank you from me and roll on the next one!

John
    Thank you, John, for the generous words. Your Webley Service article is excellent, as are the pics, which made my job easier.

I also really enjoyed Barry's piece (he's called 'Barryeye' on here for Iacoppi). It was particularly well written and very evocative.

I felt it was a good issue too, because the contributors worked hard to make it so. I enjoyed every minute of pulling it together and felt privileged to be at the heart of it.
    Last edited by Garvin; 22-01-2015 at 10:48 PM.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

I absolutely adored the 1st issue, but the 2nd issue totally topped that. Well done and a real heartfelt thank you for all your efforts to every one involved, you have really excelled yourselves with this one. I really apreciate the articals on gun and stock restoration as this will really help me with my renovations i do for myself and my 'angry angry gun company' blog, and the resin casting artical will really give me something to get my teeth into. It looks like i'm going to have to get a bigger shed for my mancave now i've been shown these new ideas

I've always waned a Mk II Service and a LP53 but would never be able to afford one , but the Concentric pistol piece has got me thinking that is something i could afford. I could say i can't wait for issue 3 but issues 1 and 2 will keep me entertained till the cows come home, Thanks again.
    If your not going to eat it, don't shoot it

Wing Commander Sir Nigel Tetlington-Smythe

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by goatboy View Post
    I absolutely adored the 1st issue, but the 2nd issue totally topped that. Well done and a real heartfelt thank you for all your efforts to every one involved, you have really excelled yourselves with this one. I really apreciate the articals on gun and stock restoration as this will really help me with my renovations i do for myself and my 'angry angry gun company' blog, and the resin casting artical will really give me something to get my teeth into. It looks like i'm going to have to get a bigger shed for my mancave now i've been shown these new ideas

I've always waned a Mk II Service and a LP53 but would never be able to afford one , but the Concentric pistol piece has got me thinking that is something i could afford. I could say i can't wait for issue 3 but issues 1 and 2 will keep me entertained till the cows come home, Thanks again.
    I like your blog!

If you cannot afford a Walther LP53, there are alot of cheapish Lucznik Predoms kicking around - which is 85% of the Walther, and a bit more powerful. If you have the time and the inclination you could make a pretty nice pistol out of one (replace double spring for single and good guide).