Thread: Webley Pistol Box

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm

Webley Pistol Box

I recenty bought a boxed, D Series Webley Premier at auction. I was pleased with my purchase until I saw a recent thread on Webley pistols which linked to a site showing some wonderful pics of various Webley pistols and their boxes.
    One of the pics shows a D Series Premier, but the box for it is an earlier pattern than mine. Now then, is my pistol contained in the a box from a later pattern pistol, or, did D Series pistols switch to a newer pattern box part way through the production run?
    http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j...psf9b8abfa.jpg
    The price I paid was commensurate with valuations I've seen on here for an unboxed pistol, so either way, I don't feel "swindled", but if it's a "wrong un" it now means I have to find a later pattern pistol to go in the box.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Hello Harry,

Most D Series Premier pistols came in the cream box which houses your own pistol, although some have been seen in the earlier green box that was used for the earlier C Series pistols.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Brian

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Thanks Brian. Another case of Webley using up on hand stock then?
    That's reassuring.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.