Thread: Valuation wanted BSA Superstar Stock

Valuation wanted BSA Superstar Stock

As title, I was just thinking about making a cut out in this stock so that I could fit it to my Goldstar when I realised that the two stocks were not interchangeable. Hence I don't really need this stock any longer and might as well put it up for sale. It's in Beech and in good condition, could anyone offer me a ballpark figure as to what I could reasonably expect to get for it in a sale ?

Thanks, Vic Thompson.

Hello Vic...

I bought a "New Old Stock" Superstar stock from the well loved/well hated auction site for £50 recently....But, I would think worth more, I was just lucky on the day! More experienced input to your question will follow I'm sure and get to some realisation value?
    Best regards......

Hard to say Vic

If it was an attractive walnut stock, then this would be an upgrade from the standard stock and so you could probably get a price of £80 - £100

However, a beech stock may still appeal to someone whose stock is tatty or cracked and they do not have the 4 or 5 hours of spare time that it would need to restore it, or perhaps do not have the skills. In which case then probably £50-£65 would seem a reasonable price to pay.

John
    hold me back !!

thanks for the input folks, stock now up for sale/swap in the relevant section.

Vic T