Thread: Magnum 44 cartidge help

Magnum 44 cartidge help

My daughter found a Magnum 44 casing at the range this weekend whilst I was teaching her to use our new air rifle and she's polished it up to a gleaming finish as a memento.
    Is it illegal to find a bullet head to shove in the end?
    If not where could I locate one to make it look complete for her?
    Thanks
    Mark

It is perfectly legal to have an empty case with a bullet seated in it, unfortunately I don't have any bullets I can send you for .44 magnum cases as I don't use this calibre. I can however send you a few cases and bullets in other calibres to pass on to your daughter. I am sure I have .308, .303, .38SP and .223. Drop me a PM if interested and I will see what I can find.

PS Mark, if you don't get any offers from this section rerun your post in the reloading section.
    Last edited by Fenrir.2; 14-01-2015 at 12:24 AM.
    "Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other."

As above, not illegal, provided the bullet is of a non-expanding type.

I might have a full metal jacket .44 bullet or two knocking around at home.

I will have a look later today and if I do any left I would be happy to let you have one.
    People who have been there focus on the fundamentals. People who sit at keyboards all day focus on the trivial and inane.

on flea markets or car boots there is usually someone selling military stuff, they normally have a box of empty/fired cases, some with bullet heads in, on the local flea market there is one who has .50BMG and harrier 30mm rounds
    "Men occasionally stumble on the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened" Winston Churchill
    http://planetairgun.com/index.php

Many thanks

Thanks for the advice both of you,
    a very kind member is sending her something to finish off this little project.
    She just finished fitting a laser sight on her air pistol and is playing with that as I write this.
    Better than computer games!!!!
    All the best
    Regards
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by markkeogh View Post
    My daughter found a Magnum 44 casing at the range this weekend whilst I was teaching her to use our new air rifle and she's polished it up to a gleaming finish as a memento.
    Is it illegal to find a bullet head to shove in the end?
    If not where could I locate one to make it look complete for her?
    Thanks
    Mark
    Bullet.

Just....bullet.

Please.

tac

When you assemble the round, put a small ball bearing or similar inside the empty case. That way it can be rattled to prove its inert.
    I shoot none of them well, but enjoy all my shooting sports!!!!!!!!!!!!!!