Thread: Some advice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansdown View Post
    Well,

Accuracy was, though, definitely an issue (probably me as much as anything else) - they all shot high at least 6 to 8” above point of aim at about 40 yds. To the extent that most initially missed the target I had until I changed my point of aim. From the ones that did hit the target there was no evidence of bullet tumble, just nice clean round holes in the paper target.

I have had a quick look, but have not yet found any sort of ballistic info on minie’s so does anyone one have any rough idea what sort of drop I could expect from a minie between 40 and 100yds? (hopefully that makes sense).

Again thanks to those who sent me some samples – it’s a great firearm I just need to get to know it a lot better, which I am looking forward to!!!

Lansdown (Bob)
    As a benchmark you might be interested to know that a trained marksman could consistently hit a 4" circle at 200 yards.

I'm still trying to do that at 100 yards.

One things for sure my eyesight is not good enough for that degree of accuracy!!!! At least not without telescopic sights and a guide dog!!!!

I was thinking about bullet drop the other day and carried out some measurements on my 2 band. I measured the height of the sights front and rear compared to the bore of the rifle I then calculated the built in drop that the sights provide over 40 and 100 yds.
    Interestingly it was about 10" at 40 yds and 25" at 100 yds. Obviously measuring with a vernier and assuming the bore is completely central to the outer of the barrel is not an exact science so the actual measurements should be treated with a bit of caution, but it was interesting nether the less.

Regards
    Lansdown (Bob)