Thread: falke 90

falke 90

I am in possession of a Falke 90 (no. 56) From what I could find on google 200 were made (how they found their way to Australia I don't know) and 47 are registered in existence which is now 48. I am not a collector so simply what do I do from here (an Australian gun shopownersaid "a lot of old air rifles out there, if its not registered my advice cut it up and dispose of it) I am not under the impression its worth a lot of money but I don't want to give it away or destroy it either so any advice would be handy. It works well, shows signs of normal wear and tear for a 50 year old item, has rear sight with it but not on the gun

Quote Originally Posted by peter1963 View Post
    I am in possession of a Falke 90 (no. 56) From what I could find on google 200 were made (how they found their way to Australia I don't know) and 47 are registered in existence which is now 48. I am not a collector so simply what do I do from here (an Australian gun shopownersaid "a lot of old air rifles out there, if its not registered my advice cut it up and dispose of it) I am not under the impression its worth a lot of money but I don't want to give it away or destroy it either so any advice would be handy. It works well, shows signs of normal wear and tear for a 50 year old item, has rear sight with it but not on the gun
    Peter you may not have seen my post on the other thread...

You can find a lot of background info about Falkes here. But I have no idea about the current value of these rifles in Australia. I do know they come up for sale in Oz from time to time, so plenty must have been exported there in the '50s.

Please do not cut it up and dispose of it! The rear sight alone is worth UK pounds 50 at least.

It's looking less likely that only 200 model 90s were made, with several duplicate 'serial' numbers having emerged in recent years, but it is still a scarce rifle. Is that 47 registered just in Australia?

Edit: sorry, I now realise the reference to 'registered' was to the database on my Falke forum, which actually records 42 Falke mods 90 at this time.

For future browsers of this thread, I have now rather lost confidence in the numbering system on the Falkes being 'serial' numbers at all. See this thread:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/642125/thread/1398792726
    Last edited by Garvin; 17-01-2015 at 04:46 PM.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

It would seem the excitement over finding what I thought was a rare firearm actually wasn't quite so rare after all. Oh well, not to worry, might wrap it in an oily rag and lock it back away for the grandkids might be of more interest by then thanks for the input, it was interesting at least to read about these old finds..