Thread: CZ 75 P-07 DUTY co2 BB Blowback Pistol

CZ 75 P-07 DUTY co2 BB Blowback Pistol

Welcome to my first review!

By my guess I have owned at least a dozen different CO2 guns and was quite surprised about my latest purchase this weekend so decided to share my views.

This pistol is designed to look and feel similar to it's real 9mm stable mate, and admittedly, it does a good job with realistic weight, a polymer frame and a functioning metal top slide. It runs on a standard 12g CO2 capsule and quotes a power figure of 340+ feet per second with 4.5mm steel BB's, equating to about 2 joules as it states on a sticker on the gun.

Which I removed!

The CZ 75 is made under licence by ASG and is a very respectable replica of the 9x19mm firearm.

First impressions

The pistol itself is an absolute joy to handle. it is VERY ergonomically designed and that was the first thing that struck me about it when I initially picked it up.

The synthetic pistol grip is moulded with some sort of crazy pattern on the sides (that weirdly almost looks like random Chinese writing). The front/rear of the pistol grip, and front of the trigger guard are given a serrated toothed pattern with the grain facing upwards. The result of this is one of the most comfortable and defiantly the most secure grip I have ever felt on a pistol...

Sights

The sights have a standard 'notch and post' arrangement allowing you to draw a 'castle turret' on your target. They are perfectly functional with white painted features to ease alignment. The rear sight is fully adjustable for windage, which is acceptable for a BB pistol. The gun is fitted with a standard picatinny rail forward of the trigger guard so you can fit a torch laser module to assist aiming.

Operation

Having recently had some experience with the new British issue Glock service pistol, I can honestly say that the CZ 75 does a good job of imitating real operation of a modern pistol.

The gun is single action, so the trigger will not cock the hammer.

You load a spring loaded magazine with up to 20 .177 BB's. The magazines by the way, are well constructed out of heavy gauge metal, as opposed to some of the more flimsy BB stick magazines used in other BB guns

The magazine is pushed into the grip with a satisfying click.

The top slide needs to be cocked (cocking the hammer).

Flick the safety off.

Squeeze the trigger, and as it fires, the blowback feature racks the slide back and re-cocks the hammer.

After the last BB has gone, the slide stays to the rear.

At this point, you can press the magazine release catch on the grip and the spent magazine will fall out under gravity. You can then pop in another magazine and flick the functioning slide release catch (just forward of the safety), and it's cocked, ready for the next barrage of BB's!

Accuracy/power

Well, this is depends on how you look at it.

Compared to some 'premium' CO2 pistols, like the Umarex Beretta 92 for example, the results are probably only half as good.

If however you look at it for what it is, a blowback smoothbore BB pistol, then it's actually quite good, happily shredding coke cans at 10-15 meters with ease.

With steady shooting I seem to be getting a respectable 70+ shots per CO2 bulb. This will obviously drop with rapid fire.

Silencer

I thought I would add this as I consider it part of the 'replica' experience.

An unusual, and most welcomed feature of the CZ 75, is that the last 3/4 inch of the muzzle is of a realistic 'full bore' diameter and is internally threaded to accept male silencer.

I purchased the genuine CZ silencer for £20 and noticed 2 things.

1. the threads are of an abnormally fine pitch, which is a shame as that means you cant fit any of the many available airgun silencers with the 'normal' 1/2" UNF thread.

2. The silencer is useless. It has a small capacity and a huge opening at the dangerous end making it pretty rubbish. When will CO2 pistol manufactures realise that we want sound moderators that actually WORK, not just look aesthetically pleasing!

I have owned both Umarex Beretta 92 and Walther CP99 pistols, both of which I fitted with the silencer adaptor, both of which I fitted with 'proper' airgun silencers (a Logun and a Weihrauch) and trust me, that makes them damn near silent. This has the advantage of not annoying the neighbours/scaring the pets when backyard plinking, and sounding cool, like a muted gun should!

I have added some metal baffles, springs and sound absorbing foam to the supplied silencer which makes a big difference, but it is mainly limited by it's size. I will see if I can get a metal working forum member to knock me up an adaptor to allow the fitment of a proper commercial suppressor.

Only real moan

The hammer was catching the underside of the slide causing it to stay fully to the rear after some shots. This meant having to manually thumb the slide forward to ready the next shot.

I could see the cause, so instead of a 70 mile round trip to the gun shop I bought it from to complain, I simply took a fine file to the tip of the hammer where it was catching and removed about 1mm of material (see pic below). Of course, you shouldn't have to do this with a new gun but now it cycles perfectly and was an easy fix. It has revealed some of the silver metal beneath the paint, so when I find a matching matt black paint I will touch this up and you wouldn't know it ever was altered.

Conclusion

I have owned a lot of CO2 pistols, some of which are more powerful, accurate, or marginally better made.

However, this pistol gives by far the closest experience you are going to get with respect to operating a real 9mm pistol and is incredibly good fun to shoot. The grin factor alone is worth the circa £125 asking price.

All in all, two thumbs up!

Really good review. And good pics. Thanks.

Two things:

- As this is a modified 6mm airsoft gun, I'm presuming the "silencer" uses a 14mm female thread, designed to allow airsoft fake silencers to comply with prohibitions in some countries on silencer-like items that might otherwise silence a real firearm (for one shot..).

- Is it really single-action only? Real CZ-75s have always been selective DA/SA.

Thanks for that, an excellent review. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.
    Nothing is enough for the man to whom enough is too little.

Hi mate thank you for the good review..

I have had/shot around 20 airguns and also own the asg cz75 p07 duty, like you i think the poly frame is one of the best i have held, its also a nice looking little pistol.. What i hate about the gun is the trigger pull, it has the worst trigger pull i have ever come across on an air pistol, (really long and crunchy trigger, even worse then the walther pps trigger)

But the gun is still fun to shoot.
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

Excellent review and great pics. I was looking at one of these the other day and nearly took the plunge. Interesting to see the silencer, I had heard there was one available for several ASG guns but had not seen it. What is the silencer made from ?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc.RG1 View Post

What i hate about the gun is the trigger pull, it has the worst trigger pull i have ever come across on an air pistol, (really long and crunchy trigger, even worse then the walther pps trigger)

I think the reason the CZ has a bad trigger (as do all of the ASG pistols) is because the action only cocks the hammer and does not chamber a bb. When you pull the trigger this chambers the BB prior to dropping the hammer so it is alsways sort of double action.

Still, the triggers feels better than the Umarex Desert eagle, that thing is awful.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Thanks for the replies guys.

The trigger is indeed not the best feature of the gun. Again, comparing it to 'high end' Umarex guns, it feels a bit crunchy and nowhere near as crisp. I think, as mentioned this is because it does the job of chambering a BB just before firing.

As it's not marketed as a super accurate pellet gun, and more of a 'fun', rapid fire/rapid load BB gun, I feel that I can let the crap trigger pull slide a bit.

The silencer is made from aluminium, and both ends unscrew so you can play around with it. I have made a set of 4 baffles for mine with some spacer springs, and believe it or not, 4 x 1 pence pieces which fit into the tube with virtually zero clearance (just don't tell the queen I drilled a hole in them or I'll be locked in the tower of London! Like I said though, it does make it better, but ultimately its limited by size.

I believe the gun has some sort of 12mm female thread, so when I get round to it, I would like a 12mm-1/2" UNF male to male adaptor knocked up, then I can screw a seriously quiet HW silencer on!

DaveK is offline Has been known to tickle spider crabs
    Shame it doesn't look like the original CZ75. I'd have considered buying one to replace the real one I had.

Just purchased the CZ P-09 Duty a few weeks ago. Was a choice between it and the 07. Seems a great pistol and as already said the grips etc are excellent. Might have to try out the 07 soon