Thread: Whats the best pellet for Hunter Field Target Shooting? Views and Opinions please.

Whats the best pellet for Hunter Field Target Shooting? Views and Opinions please.

Having used up my old Bisley Pellets (don't know what type) and my old Accupell's (both very good), I needed to buy some new pellets. I went with Accupell VMX.... Just got back from Range..... Oh dear, they were awful, If I had thrown them by hand I would have had similar results (although to be fair when you hit the target you hit it hard). I have just ordered Bisley Long Range Gold hoping for better accuracy.

This led me to the question of what other people think or find best, what weight people use, are lighter pellets with a flatter trajectory better over longer distances or does wind affect them too much.

.177?

Assuming above JSB Exact or AAFT

Yes mine is a .177, but interesting if people find the same make of pellet works well in both .177 and .22

I would say that at least 70% of HFT'ers use the 8.4 grn Diabolo from either Air Arms or JSB (AA pellet is made by JSB). High lead content gives a good seal so that you get best velocity and the rifling is optimised.