Thread: Scores Spring series 2015 MPL and gasser series

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I will now update the scores twice a week on a Wednesday and Sunday to help with my time management at the moment.

Best cheers

George

scores updated

Scores updated

Scores updated, this household has not shot 6yd this year so far as we are concentrating on our 10m training for the NSRA air championship next weekend but we will catch up quickly.

George

Quote Originally Posted by thirdwheel View Post
    Scores updated, this household has not shot 6yd this year so far as we are concentrating on our 10m training for the NSRA air championship next weekend but we will catch up quickly.

George
    All this competition shooting started when you first entered the 6 yard postal series - and now look where this journey has taken you

Beware - this target shooting lark can get infectious and has taken George from the warmth and comfort of his home range to the cold and uncomfortable range at Bisley

Good luck George - enjoy the experience !
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

You also compounded it by selling me your Styer LP2 so my wife could embarrass me on regular occasions, but so far I've kept ahead when it matters . You are not the only one that have made it snow ball and advised and kept me on the straight and narrow - all the wonders of the internet.
    The Lord Roberts centre at Bisley is very nice with I think 80 ish electronic firing points and it is quite intimidating but I'm hoping and training to shoot a personal best at a competition over the weekend and enjoy ourselves. Our home range involves standing in front of a log burner which runs all of the time so it is very toasty at times but we cannot replicate that at Bisley without getting into problems with the range officer!
    It is an sport - an international and Olympic sport that I can compete in and still produce a respectful result unlike my other two ventures of Sprint Kayaking and dinghy sailing (took both to international level).
    You have to start somewhere and the MPL was it for me and the journey is only just over a year in the making so I'm only just starting but training and seeing improvement is so gratifying and importantly I can fit the training around my crazy work life.
    10m pcp and 6yd mpl are so different and 6yd is soooo challenging especially with the older lower cost sports equipment we use.

Whats the point of plinking when instead you could be trying hard to improve and competing with yourself and others, you also meet some great like minded people that are committed to working hard to raise the profile of our sport to the position it rightly commands in other parts of the World.

scores updated