Thread: RCBS Charge master - WOW

RCBS Charge master - WOW

So my dad gave me some money for Christmas insisting I get something for myself, so before the wife has any other ideas, I got myself an RCBS Charge master as I have just started reloading for the 308.

Tonight for the first time I have set it all up and been using it, just loaded 100 rounds of 308... I am very impressed in its speed and accuracy, yes I double checked and few times the charge it spits out, bang on every time.

Very impressive bit of kit, very happy....

Dave
    It’s sometimes best to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid rather than open your mouth and dispel all doubt…

Yes, they're a great piece of kit and initially rechecked mh loads, but the charges and accuracy are spot on.nsaved me a massive amount of time from the trickler & digital scales, that was years ago and would never go back.

All you need to do now is source a replacement power supply to replace the heavy American 2 pin adapter. Have a search under my username as I've been using one I sourced new off the bay. Been using it many years and works perfectly

Maplins do a good transformer, price varies but they can be for £15 when the sales are on.

And anyone who's got one for sale
    Yes please

I also got one of these very recently, I am not convinced it saves me any time over my old method with a thrower, beam scales and Targetmaster as I tend to charge fifty or a hundred cases then seat the bullets in them afterwards. It is also noticeably noisier.

For me the jury is still out.
    "Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other."

Best thing since sliced bread, alot faster and easier than doing it by hand.

I have looked at these and they seem the way to go with my .308 loading.
    Could you PM with the prices and sellers that you got yours from, so I can get the best price.
    Thankyou.
    CZ455 American .22LR, Marlin 1894 .357 and 1935 8mm Mauser K98k S42/G (RC), Remy .308 AICS, RPR 6.5 creedmoor, no4 1* LB 1943, NRA RCO

Eyefor is offline The Artist Formerly Known as Maple

RCBS Chargemaster..

Some improvements that were suggested to me which I found really helped -

1. Buy the (cheap) Lyman reloading pan (here http://www.lymanproducts.com/lyman/s...powder-pal.php ) which really speeds up the process (you can throw your funnel away).

2. Adding a short length of large bore drinks straw (McDonalds style) to the output spout greatly reduces over runs

3. Tweak the reload parameters by resetting the Chargemaster's slow down times nearer to the full loads (several ways to do this via Google).
    Last edited by Eyefor; 19-01-2015 at 02:10 PM.
    If it flies, floats or fornicates, always rent it - it's cheaper in the long run. - Felix Dennis

Got one great piece of kit

Got one of these top piece of kit

Powder pal and Chargemaster now on order

go on youtube to tweak it
    Cz 22 lr with 3-12×56 lanber 12g o/u DSC level 1 and 2
    Howa 1500 243 with atn x sight 2 NV Remmington 700 308
    Howa 1500 30-06 with atn x sight 2 NV smith & wesson 38/357 humain killer

just ordered myself a RCBS 1500 Chargemaster combo, because I deserve one,
    plus no Poll tax to pay for next 2 months.
    CZ455 American .22LR, Marlin 1894 .357 and 1935 8mm Mauser K98k S42/G (RC), Remy .308 AICS, RPR 6.5 creedmoor, no4 1* LB 1943, NRA RCO