Thread: A series light pattern .177 for sale

A series light pattern .177 for sale

SOLD SOLD SOLD THANKS EVERYBODYhttp://As title. John Knibbs in a book suggests that only 770 of the "A" series were made between 1936 and 1939 which puts this gun in the highly collectable bracket.
    Gun is in really nice cosmetic condition, no pitting at all and the etching just visible. Some finish missing "shiny" where the gun has been carried. Stock is in original condition and no cracks. Butt plate has the little wood plate also the spring steel lifter underneath. Gun is of course 39 1/2" long
    The gun is also fitted with a peep sight which is stamped BSA with the piled arms.
    Both sights appear to be original and the foresight has it's bead. Loading tap screws are not original!

The gun has an issue with power. It is at around 500fps which is low. I suspect the fault lies with the loading tap but I am not sure. Piston seal could also be duff. It cocks solidly and trigger is heavy but crisp let off.

I do not want to post this gun so collection is suggested but if you have a carrier to collect it then that is fine.

The price is £225 and is none negotiable. Collectors will know this is very low but I ask you to accept the low power issue.

My computer is not reliable so I would suggest anyone interested to PM me to arrange tel number.

I can supply any photos required.

Photos are a mess I am afraid. I am sure you can sort them out.
    Last edited by Peter Dunkley; 25-01-2015 at 04:15 PM. Reason: SOLD
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

A series

Monday bump.
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

Light pattern

Wed bumpy

Light pattern

Last bump before I break it up and sell it for the sum of it's parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Dunkley View Post
    Last bump before I break it up and sell it for the sum of it's parts.
    I do hope you're not serious, Peter. That's a very nice looking example and it would be tragic to break it up for spares IMO.

The collectors' buzz appears to be around the Webleys right now and the post-WW1 BSAs are seeming a bit unloved by contrast. But if that's true, the wind will blow the other way soon enough, I expect.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    I do hope you're not serious, Peter. That's a very nice looking example and it would be tragic to break it up for spares IMO.

The collectors' buzz appears to be around the Webleys right now and the post-WW1 BSAs are seeming a bit unloved by contrast. But if that's true, the wind will blow the other way soon enough, I expect.
    I agree with Garvin. Not sure this forum is the best place to sell at the moment. Maybe try elsewhere?

John

There was one at Leek antique market today asking price £340 bit optimistic methinks
    Careful with that axe Eugene

Joke

Yes of course it was a joke. I could no more destroy this lovely bit of history than fly in the air.
    Tizz a bad time all round I fear. But it works both ways, just got my long sought after Leica at an excellent price!!!

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire

Yes of course it was a joke. I could no more destroy this lovely bit of history than fly in the air.
    Phew, glad to read that ... and do hang on in there, as I sold my 'A' series (to Josie & John, as above, iirc) four years ago for £225 (again, iirc), so your price is I believe, where it should be . Atb: G.

Ps. Your signature tag line did make me chuckle.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Tag line

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Phew, glad to read that ... and do hang on in there, as I sold my 'A' series (to Josie & John, as above, iirc) four years ago for £225 (again, iirc), so your price is I believe, where it should be . Atb: G.

Ps. Your signature tag line did make me chuckle.
    Thanks and on the photography forums it reads "cameras" instead of guns.
    There's going to be hell to pay when I fall off my perch!

Tizz a bad time all round I fear. But it works both ways, just got my long sought after Leica at an excellent price!!!
    Thank goodness for that! I had visions of making an offer just to rescue this fine looking rifle! I think price is on the button but can't justify another as I already have 2 A prefixed rifles.

John

Sold

Just sold it to a very nice guy.
    Thanks all.

Just sold it to a very nice guy.
    Thanks all.
    Glad to hear that Peter as I kept thinking about your rifle and am pleased the temptation has now gone

John