Thread: A series light pattern .177 for sale

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    I do hope you're not serious, Peter. That's a very nice looking example and it would be tragic to break it up for spares IMO.

The collectors' buzz appears to be around the Webleys right now and the post-WW1 BSAs are seeming a bit unloved by contrast. But if that's true, the wind will blow the other way soon enough, I expect.
    I agree with Garvin. Not sure this forum is the best place to sell at the moment. Maybe try elsewhere?

John

There was one at Leek antique market today asking price £340 bit optimistic methinks
    Careful with that axe Eugene

Joke

Yes of course it was a joke. I could no more destroy this lovely bit of history than fly in the air.
    Tizz a bad time all round I fear. But it works both ways, just got my long sought after Leica at an excellent price!!!
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Dunkley View Post

Yes of course it was a joke. I could no more destroy this lovely bit of history than fly in the air.
    Phew, glad to read that ... and do hang on in there, as I sold my 'A' series (to Josie & John, as above, iirc) four years ago for £225 (again, iirc), so your price is I believe, where it should be . Atb: G.

Ps. Your signature tag line did make me chuckle.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Tag line

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Phew, glad to read that ... and do hang on in there, as I sold my 'A' series (to Josie & John, as above, iirc) four years ago for £225 (again, iirc), so your price is I believe, where it should be . Atb: G.

Ps. Your signature tag line did make me chuckle.
    Thanks and on the photography forums it reads "cameras" instead of guns.
    There's going to be hell to pay when I fall off my perch!
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

Tizz a bad time all round I fear. But it works both ways, just got my long sought after Leica at an excellent price!!!
    Thank goodness for that! I had visions of making an offer just to rescue this fine looking rifle! I think price is on the button but can't justify another as I already have 2 A prefixed rifles.

John

Sold

Just sold it to a very nice guy.
    Thanks all.

Just sold it to a very nice guy.
    Thanks all.
    Glad to hear that Peter as I kept thinking about your rifle and am pleased the temptation has now gone

John