Thread: Hft 500

Hft 500

Just Picked up a HFT 500 from the airgun centre and thought I would write a few lines after shooting a tin of lead through it.

The rifle stock is from the Ultimate sporter and has a accessory rail fitted, it has a nice weight to it and feels dead to shoot with no discernable recoil but as most PCP rifle this is not any real exception, the long air cylinder almost matches the length of the barrel and is easy to charge with the Air Arms standard filler adaptor to 190 bar, from this the shot count is high enough to warm up on the zero range then shoot a 40 target HFT course and finish with over 130 bar. This really does help as there is no noticeable "drop off" as you get near the end. One thing that did really surprise me was the constancy of the rifle, you here people talk about "pellet on pellet" and on the zero range bench at 30 yards this thing delivers by laying pellet after pellet on the same spot occasionally making the holes edges a little larger, but this could be attributed to wind or shooting inconsistencies by myself! The Trigger button feels nice to the touch and allows a repeatable feel the factory set pressures were nice straight from the box and again add to the repeatability and constancy required for a target rifle. Out on the HFT course it was nice to hold in your hand heavy enough to be steady in all shooting positions and again consistent this is aided by the adjustability of the stock cheek which allows you to find the exact optical alignment with the scope again and again. I am using a Hawke Airmax 30 SF 4-16x50 scope which is nice to use a crisp AMX reticule with Mildot accompanied by Half Mildot lines that Christmas tree out from the crosshair aiding with windage estimations, lockable turrets are a nice touch and click with a nice clear indication of you adjustments. The addition of a Hamster to the stock would be a nice touch and rumours are that AA are going to release one for it.

Hi Matt, i've shot 4 different ones now and found the trigger to be appalling.....i think That AA changed the design slightly from the S4**/5**/MPR series rifles. How was yours for feel and weight?
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Hi Matt, i've shot 4 different ones now and found the trigger to be appalling.....i think That AA changed the design slightly from the S4**/5**/MPR series rifles. How was yours for feel and weight?
    My trigger feels good, light to the point of release then a nice light amount of tension for the release, havent touched the factory settings

Think from what I saw at the BSS that the new for 15 500s have a Hamster fitted. It wasn't said that it was an optional extra.

Holywell, North Wales (twinned with Trumpville)
    I asked Claire West at the British shooting show, the new hamster is going to be on sale towards the end of March. The one fitted to the HFT500 at the show had a price tag on it of £38.99. It is a quality piece of kit.
    Is there such a thing as owning too many guns?