Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New Daystate Rifle to be Released tomorrow at 4:30pm

New Daystate Rifle to be Released tomorrow at 4:30pm

Daystate will be announcing and revealing a new rifle tomorrow at the shot show in Last Vegas.

Teaser picture's HERE

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Well its not a springer!
    Master Debater

Ordinary batteries that are easy to buy.
    Where is the fun in that?

A flipping mag which reliably indexes past number 6 might be nice!
    Dance like no one is watching.
    Sing like no one can hear.
    Scratch yourself like you think the zoom meeting has ended.

what ever it is bet it will cost over a grand !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Fx impact fx wildcat mk3 fx dreamline compact tac fx verminator mk2 and a few pistols

Quote Originally Posted by staffy1 View Post
    what ever it is bet it will cost over a grand !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Perhaps not. They've been doing electronic rifles for ages, so will have got the developement time down and manufacturing cost down. The actual components in the electronics/solenoid are cheap, like all electronics. They moved the cost of the battery to the owner by going to AA's, more savings.
    A plastic composite plastic/laminate stock could well be cheaper than a pretty lump of walnut.
    The action may be based on something else.

If they sold these at £799 they'd fly out the shops, at 1000-1300 they'd just sit there along with all the other Daystate models. I think they have far too many rifles at around the same price, time for Daystate to tap new markets.

Dont believe me? When the 303 wolverine came out at the shot show, I spoke to one of the workers there who I used to shoot with many moons ago. I was asked by him how much did I think it would be, I said £1300? I was informed that the .177 12ftlb version of the wolverine would be around £800, because it was cheaper to make than their current models. The price they actually released them at was the normal £1200-£1300, no doubt because they thought they could get it, perhaps from the pre launch feedback.
    Needless to say, I believe Daystates are over priced.

Quote Originally Posted by craig_goswell View Post
    Daystate will be announcing and revealing a new rifle tomorrow at the shot show in Last Vegas.

Teaser picture's HERE
    Oh well their couriers will be please with the extra work during Jan with the returns of their latest electronic masterpiece.
    Is that Daystate bashing? sorry if I upset any fans!

I bought a Daystate Air Wolf MCT like 2 weeks ago, then this !!!! Grrrrrrr

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Two200's View Post
    A flipping mag which reliably indexes past number 6 might be nice!
    All of my Daystate magazines (and the BSA magazines which they copied) reliably index past 6, in fact they index all the way from 1 to 10 (or from 10 to 1 if you count shots left rather than shots taken). Either yours is faulty or it needs dismantling and cleaning!

By the way I have owned 3 Daystate magazines, one was for an X2 in .177 and 2 are for my Mk 3 again in .177!

Vermin Al is offline Some say, ..... 4,000fps is enough
    Sportsman Gun Centre are discounting the heck out of the Daystate Air Ranger.

£1,140 reduced to £900 for the 12 ft-lb and an even bigger discount for the 0.22 40 ft-lb FAC version, £1,250 down to £900.

http://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk/...ifle+FAC/p-21/
    Al

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vobster View Post
    Perhaps not. They've been doing electronic rifles for ages, so will have got the developement time down and manufacturing cost down. The actual components in the electronics/solenoid are cheap, like all electronics. They moved the cost of the battery to the owner by going to AA's, more savings.
    A plastic composite plastic/laminate stock could well be cheaper than a pretty lump of walnut.

If they sold these at £799 they'd fly out the shops, at 1000-1300 they'd just sit there along with all the other Daystate models. I think they have far too many rifles at around the same price, time for Daystate to tap new markets.

Dont believe me? When the 303 wolverine came out at the shot show, I spoke to one of the workers there who I used to shoot with many moons ago. I was asked by him how much did I think it would be, I said £1300? I was informed that the .177 12ftlb version of the wolverine would be around £800, because it was cheaper to make than their current models. The price they actually released them at was the normal £1200-£1300, no doubt because they thought they could get it, perhaps from the pre launch feedback.
    At least with AA batteries it will be easier and cheaper to change them and if you run out of charge in the field a 4 pack of Duracell from the local petrol station will see you back out in the field!

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    At least with AA batteries it will be easier and cheaper to change them and if you run out of charge in the field a 4 pack of Duracell from the local petrol station will see you back out in the field!
    Run out of charge ?!?!?!?!

My Air Wolf is good for 2000 shots or more, what batteries are in your Daystate mole, potatoes?

Quote Originally Posted by vobster View Post

fancy a sportsmans bet matey go for about £1200
    Fx impact fx wildcat mk3 fx dreamline compact tac fx verminator mk2 and a few pistols

had two mk4's including the current one and a MK3 and a huntsman classic

never had any problems with electrics in the MK3/4s

never had indexing problems with the mags in all rifles.

current one MK4is shoots superbly and indexes as smooth as butter.

HFT 500.177 HAWKE VANTAGE HW97 .177 HAWKE AIRMAX
    http://colnevalleyagc.wix.com/colnevalleyagc and http://www.cambridgehft.co.uk/