Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: New Daystate Rifle to be Released tomorrow at 4:30pm

East Midlands, 6 chains from the graveyard.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatttmannn View Post
    I never mentioned fac, sir, mines sub 12 foot lbs.
    Yes I guessed that but no 'tongue in cheek' smiley, Gary's post specifically mentioned shot count for FAC, not sub12.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Yes I guessed that but no 'tongue in cheek' smiley, Gary's post specifically mentioned shot count for FAC, not sub12.
    ok, can you actually get an ultra in fac then

Yes, it only has to shoot above 12ft/lbs then it's over the limit and into FAC territory.

HTH
    Ray
    Say what is true, although it may be bitter and displeasing to people.

Quote Originally Posted by Riggsmakaveli View Post
    Yes, it only has to shoot above 12ft/lbs then it's over the limit and into FAC territory.

HTH
    Ray
    so what would you be talking 20-25 shoots, would think a .25 in fac would be something.

Im pretty sure he doesn't mean FAC shots, I have a .22 Ultra that shoots around 40 good shots at 11 ft/lbs.

On topic, we've discussed looks and money but not a single one of us can comment on practicality or usability. So I suggest we give Daystate the benefit of the doubt for now, surely they researched the Pulsar through their R&D department, so let's see what the magazines say about it after their first hand experience. Over to you Terry and Nigel.

ATB
    Ray
    Well, if we consider ergonomics then Daystate has already dropped the ball by not having cocking lever or knob above the trigger. Both Vulcan and Kalibrgun Colibri have that feature and they are the next or shall we say new generation of airgun bullpups.
    Viking Mk2 .177/.22 bullpup, BSA Scorpion SE .177, BSA Scorpion .25 100M gun, BSA Scorpion .224 100fpe 100M gun,
    Evanix Blizzard .257/.357 200M BR, Evanix Sniper X2 .45 at 270 fpe

Yes, there is/was a 18 fpe production version and you can tweak the platform to high 20s fpe. My Viking which uses Ultra action but only 8" barrel gets 20 regulated shots at 24 fpe if I turn the power up. With regular 12" barrel that would be about 27 fpe.
    Viking Mk2 .177/.22 bullpup, BSA Scorpion SE .177, BSA Scorpion .25 100M gun, BSA Scorpion .224 100fpe 100M gun,
    Evanix Blizzard .257/.357 200M BR, Evanix Sniper X2 .45 at 270 fpe

so what would you be talking 20-25 shoots, would think a .25 in fac would be something.
    Depends, what power level you would be looking at, there's not much air inside the Ultra tube, the new ultras have even shorter air tubes due to the pressure gauge unit pretty much inside (located nearer the action) of the tube. Fitting a regulator and new exhaust port/transfer port would be necessary to increase power and maintain a decent enough shot count.

I have a XTX regged Ultra (fitted with a Tench reg made by Simon Howarth) the rifle can be filled to 250bar but still only returns around 40 good shots in .177 at around 11.4ft/lbs.

I have seen FAC untras fitted with a scorpion tube and scorpion barrels (known commonly as scultras) doing around 16-18ft/lbs without a regulator or modified transfer port.

Mods please delete this post if I have infringed on power adjustment rules.

A .25 ultra under 12 ft/lbs is pointless the trajectory is too loopy and this rifle was built by John Bowkett as a test rig and tested by the well known former airgun enthusiast Malcolm Barnard. If memory serves me right the rats saw the pellets coming toward them at 20-30 yards and managed to jump clean out of the pellets path.

A sub 12ft/lbs .25 scorpion is available to purchase at all good gun shops, I have shot one at the Atherton Indoor range and I must say the energy retention at 15-25 yards was pretty impressive the guy I was shooting with on test day managed to destroy a spinner, I mean shoot it clean off at 15 yards. The energy retention at 40-45 years was also impressive, where I was leaving a small mark on the brick at the back wall of the range with my .177 he was putting some big holes in the surface of the brick with the .25.

A .25 FAC gun will perform just like the wolverine I suppose again it's all down to to what power the rifle is set at, anything over 12ft/lbs is FAC territory.

HTH
    Ray

Depends, what power level you would be looking at, there's not much air inside the Ultra tube, the new ultras have even shorter air tubes due to the pressure gauge unit pretty much inside (located nearer the action) of the tube. Fitting a regulator and new exhaust port/transfer port would be necessary to increase power and maintain a decent enough shot count.

I have a XTX regged Ultra (fitted with a Tench reg made by Simon Howarth) the rifle can be filled to 250bar but still only returns around 40 good shots in .177 at around 11.4ft/lbs.

I have seen FAC untras fitted with a scorpion tube and scorpion barrels (known commonly as scultras) doing around 16-18ft/lbs without a regulator or modified transfer port.

Mods please delete this post if I have infringed on power adjustment rules.

A .25 ultra under 12 ft/lbs is pointless the trajectory is too loopy and this rifle was built by John Bowkett as a test rig and tested by the well known former airgun enthusiast Malcolm Barnard. If memory serves me right the rats saw the pellets coming toward them at 20-30 yards and managed to jump clean out of the pellets path.

A sub 12ft/lbs .25 scorpion is available to purchase at all good gun shops, I have shot one at the Atherton Indoor range and I must say the energy retention at 15-25 yards was pretty impressive the guy I was shooting with on test day managed to destroy a spinner, I mean shoot it clean off at 15 yards. The energy retention at 40-45 years was also impressive, where I was leaving a small mark on the brick at the back wall of the range with my .177 he was putting some big holes in the surface of the brick with the .25.

A .25 FAC gun will perform just like the wolverine I suppose again it's all down to to what power the rifle is set at, anything over 12ft/lbs is FAC territory.

HTH
    Ray
    allways a big fan of the old .25 from using an old .25 webley service of my late uncles with ball ammo to controll rats, dont have anywere to use an fac but intresting readding thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by riku View Post
    Yes, there is/was a 18 fpe production version and you can tweak the platform to high 20s fpe. My Viking which uses Ultra action but only 8" barrel gets 20 regulated shots at 24 fpe if I turn the power up. With regular 12" barrel that would be about 27 fpe.
    thanks on that, thats not bad when you consider how small a rfle the ulta was/is,

Pulsar blurb from Mr.Belas at the Shot Show, starts at 4 mins 30 seconds,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUJS...ature=youtu.be

There is so much that can go wrong....!

Intesting, pitched very much at the American market to my mind, dose look better with some walnur on it, but not for me on so many levels, will stick to my old Huntsman ftr.

Vermin Al is offline Some say, ..... 4,000fps is enough
    Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post

The extended trigger linkage is normally the Achilles heel on a bullpup and, in the video clip, Tony does make a good case for an electronic trigger.

Also, he says UK will have to wait a bit longer as the first batch has already been sold to the USA market.
    Al

There'll be a normal rifle configuration version along in a bit, perhaps announced at the Midland? Should be more palatable for the majority of shooters.

Then they need to work on the price. £1800 represents a 50% increase over the outgoing Mk4 and 60% increase against the Mk3 price when introduced (inflation adjusted) so that needs to be justified in the consumer's eyes. Although if they are already selling like "hot cakes" as we are lead to believe then there's no pressure on the price.

Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post

I must say after watching the video, looks like Tony and his team have put a fair bit of work into this rifle, seriously revolutionising airguns with the MAP system.

Im curious what features have they removed from the On board computer system that are still available in the MK4?

... looks like Tony and his team have put a fair bit of work into this rifle, seriously revolutionising airguns with the MAP system.
    Daystate first used a MAP system in 2005 (FAC Mk3 Sport), so it's not a new thing for the Pulsar.
    The new gun has some sensing such as bolt open which would allow some of the user selectable functions on the Mk4 to be integrated/automated (mag counter reset for example).