Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New Daystate Rifle to be Released tomorrow at 4:30pm

£2000 rip off springs to mind.....id be sacking the research person and designer for sure......

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Yep Rob..it's a MTC connect. It's supposed to have minimal px error as your eye is almost touching the end...not recommended for springers
    So, does that mean it looks like the rail isn't long enough?

I got up this morning to find pictures of the pepper laminate version and walnut stocked version all over Facebook.

McAvoy Guns have posted the limited edition (with enhanced features) of 200 will be priced at £1995 and later the standard versions will go on sale at around £1800 mark.

Personally I think it's a lot of money for what you get, after staring at the pics for best part of the morning, this is what I've decided.

The side lever cocking, eliminates any ambidextrous use, and with a bulpup configuration cocking a rifle whilst aiming means reaching to your shoulder try it it's not easy.

The shroud doesn't appear to be anything special, I would have thought daystate would have used a Milbro Shroud with a integral silencer to reduce length and silence the rifle (maybe this cannot be done to export models) milbro huggets have been well associated with their other limited runs why not this one?

The side lever has a bolt ontop, just looks like something thrown together at the last minute and is tacky. Also I've noticed a magnet on the side lever does this ensure the rifle does not shoot when the bolt is open?

The plastic (or whatever it is) around the front of the cylinder (as per the Wolverine C Type) just cheapens the look of the rifle, a full length stock would look better in my opinion, with a under picatiny rail or something of equivalent.

The butt pad although it is adjustable is just horrific, come on £2000 should buy you a nice adjustable butt pad similar to a FTP900 or a early EV2 at worse. I'M sure this is the same butt pad used on BSAs latest HFT offering but at least BSA didn't price themselves out of the Market.

Im looking at the rifle and thinking, the plastic doesn't look at all that bad on the cheek piece, and the cheek rest on top of the action seems well placed but doesn't run down both sides, again not truly ambidextrous. It will be interesting to feel how comfortable the cheek rests against this rifle. I'm not keen on the plastic on the walnut stocked version.

The read out gauge should have been placed forward of the cheek piece, again will this feel comfortable resting against the cheek. For £2000 the gauge should have been at least a 50 inch widescreen LED display with a 1080p (selling for around £300 these days) with a attachable keyboard allowing the user of the rifle to post on the BBS whilst trying to simultaneous work out what power setting the rifle is on.

The spirit level is a nice touch, but where is it on the rifle? On top on bottom, on the scope rail? Their has also been mention of a laser sight, why is this even required anyone who has used them will know how pointless they are, just a novelty.

The scope rail is attached to the barrel shroud, surely this will only result in accuracy issues, any movement in the barrel or scope and a point of impact shift is imminent.

The pistol grip looks like its come straight off a AR15 or Logun S16, not my cup of tea I would have preffered a continuous one piece stock.

£2000 is a lot of money for a Airgun even if it is a Daystate, Daysate have put out some great rifles out over the past few years, but I don't think this will be one of them. I seriously think they should reconsider the price of this thing, we all know there are some already pretty nice bulpup rifles out there. The KalibrGun Cricket, Edgun Matador and the FX Bobcat all successful proven rifles and can be bought at near half the price of what daystate is offering.

On the plus side, daystate are giving you a newly designed battery compartment (use your own batteries looks like 6 AAs from Maplin electronics will do the trick) so no more sending it back to Daystate for this work and more savings to the customer. Will it incorporate the same indexing mechanism as the Wolverine? I'm sure the magazine reviews will be up shortly with a Unbiased in depth review, can't wait.

I had trouble with my recently parted with MK4 IS (I bought as new second hand) barrel had to be recrowned by local gunsmith and the two magazines I had both failed to index properly. Both issues probably had nothing to do with daystate was probably down to previous owners poor maintenance, but I have heard of similar issues on new daystates I trust Daystate will be paying particular attention to these new offerings, wouldn't want any mishaps after parting with £2000.

I'm a little disappointed with Daystate TBH (but no I don't have a axe to grind) I was hoping to buy a Wolverine back when they said they would be offering the original wolverine in a ,177 or .22 calibre instead we got offered type B and Type C. Come on Daystate get behind your fans and give them what they want a original Wolverine in a .177 or .22. The UK comprises of four million Airgun Shooters and not a large percentage shoot HFT, many of us hobbyist don't mind spending our money on something worth spending on. I feel the rifle will sell to hardcore Daystate fans unfortunately I'm a BSA man and slowly leaning towards Air Arms.

I feel the gun is tailored for the USA market, they could justify spending £2000 on a airgun, but not us sensible Brits Anyway if you are reading this Tony let's call it £900 shake my hand do we have a deal what do you say?
    Say what is true, although it may be bitter and displeasing to people.

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    With a HFT hat on i would say yes....some HFT scopes have quite long eye relief (bushnell 4200 springs to mind) but reach forward mounts might negate any probs.
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

new daystate

Quote Originally Posted by Elliott View Post
    Someone needs to have a quiet word..

What's going on with the Daystate designers at the moment? First the silly, plastic incarnation of what turned out to be a sub 12fpe Wolverine and now this frankenstein of a rifle.

The last two rifles just seem a rush job to me and it's laughable that they use almost the same stock from the airwolf/ranger, cover the end in plastic and try to use it as a selling point because you have an option of a cylinder or bottle!

For me Daystate need to take a strong, hard look at FX to see how it's done. I'm sure they can do better than that, deary me.
    I think they've been looking at fx prices more than design!

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    The rail IS long enough, but they have used the incorrect mount. If they used the connectamount then the scope would sit further back than is shown by at least an inch or 2. In it's current position on that advert the scope would be useless as Chris is right, they have zero eye relief to negate parallax error.

Here is a shot of mine to show how it should be. Notice how the second scope ring is a good inch back from where the rail ends.

Daystate AirWolf with MTC Viper Connect 32mm + Connectamount

Quote Originally Posted by Riggsmakaveli View Post
    Anyway if you are reading this Tony let's call it £900 shake my hand do we have a deal what do you say?
    Fair comment, if he paid me £900 I'd have one for free as well.

But no less.

As a Mk4is shooter I do like the electric firing cycle have had a MK3 priviously,
    I like the look of some bullpups and always fancied trying a FX Bobcat, but all my guns have been second hand bargains so new rifles at £1200 are out of the question.
    £2000 is a huge sum of money, I apriciate the cost of the electric wizardry and air puff mag indexer and bolt out safety
    But just not sure about the look of this one,it may grow on me,and yes that scope rail looks too high to me, and lasers? mmm enough said.
    I am also amazed that they don't start using a weaver rail type scope mount these days.

The one for me should my numbers come up will be the electronic wolverine which will follow soon as the action was designed to take the electics from scratch, it will have all the design toys but look like a rifle.

The one thing I will say for Daystate is they aren't afraid to push the boundaries of design and from rifles like this may come some superb features to be used on future rifles, so many rifles look the same these days or use designs twenty years old.

There will be a market for the new one, Daystate haven't made a rifle yet that didn't sell as far as I know, but time will tell
    OK not on most peoples price range but there not about making cheap rifles, plenty of companies about that cater for that market you don't go into a Ferrari showroom and tell them they should be making cars that cost the same as a Mondeo.

I wish them all the best with it so they can stay in business and surprise us even more in the future.

http://www.airgunmagazine.co.uk/news...t-called-that/

Funny that next to the daystate write up is the air arms one which states " someone has to set the standard ". Now have daystate set low standards and met them in this rifle or. Are air arms having a sly chuckle to themselves right now thinking that daystate have made an overpriced gun, and airgun magazine have just handed air arms the best advertising they could ever hope for.

I got up this morning to find pictures of the pepper laminate version and walnut stocked version all over Facebook.

McAvoy Guns have posted the limited edition (with enhanced features) of 200 will be priced at £1995 and later the standard versions will go on sale at around £1800 mark.

Personally I think it's a lot of money for what you get, after staring at the pics for best part of the morning, this is what I've decided.

The side lever cocking, eliminates any ambidextrous use, and with a bulpup configuration cocking a rifle whilst aiming means reaching to your shoulder try it it's not easy.

The shroud doesn't appear to be anything special, I would have thought daystate would have used a Milbro Shroud with a integral silencer to reduce length and silence the rifle (maybe this cannot be done to export models) milbro huggets have been well associated with their other limited runs why not this one?

The side lever has a bolt ontop, just looks like something thrown together at the last minute and is tacky. Also I've noticed a magnet on the side lever does this ensure the rifle does not shoot when the bolt is open?

The plastic (or whatever it is) around the front of the cylinder (as per the Wolverine C Type) just cheapens the look of the rifle, a full length stock would look better in my opinion, with a under picatiny rail or something of equivalent.

The butt pad although it is adjustable is just horrific, come on £2000 should buy you a nice adjustable butt pad similar to a FTP900 or a early EV2 at worse. I'M sure this is the same butt pad used on BSAs latest HFT offering but at least BSA didn't price themselves out of the Market.

Im looking at the rifle and thinking, the plastic doesn't look at all that bad on the cheek piece, and the cheek rest on top of the action seems well placed but doesn't run down both sides, again not truly ambidextrous. It will be interesting to feel how comfortable the cheek rests against this rifle. I'm not keen on the plastic on the walnut stocked version.

The read out gauge should have been placed forward of the cheek piece, again will this feel comfortable resting against the cheek. For £2000 the gauge should have been at least a 50 inch widescreen LED display with a 1080p (selling for around £300 these days) with a attachable keyboard allowing the user of the rifle to post on the BBS whilst trying to simultaneous work out what power setting the rifle is on.

The spirit level is a nice touch, but where is it on the rifle? On top on bottom, on the scope rail? Their has also been mention of a laser sight, why is this even required anyone who has used them will know how pointless they are, just a novelty.

The scope rail is attached to the barrel shroud, surely this will only result in accuracy issues, any movement in the barrel or scope and a point of impact shift is imminent.

The pistol grip looks like its come straight off a AR15 or Logun S16, not my cup of tea I would have preffered a continuous one piece stock.

£2000 is a lot of money for a Airgun even if it is a Daystate, Daysate have put out some great rifles out over the past few years, but I don't think this will be one of them. I seriously think they should reconsider the price of this thing, we all know there are some already pretty nice bulpup rifles out there. The KalibrGun Cricket, Edgun Matador and the FX Bobcat all successful proven rifles and can be bought at near half the price of what daystate is offering.

On the plus side, daystate are giving you a newly designed battery compartment (use your own batteries looks like 6 AAs from Maplin electronics will do the trick) so no more sending it back to Daystate for this work and more savings to the customer. Will it incorporate the same indexing mechanism as the Wolverine? I'm sure the magazine reviews will be up shortly with a Unbiased in depth review, can't wait.

I had trouble with my recently parted with MK4 IS (I bought as new second hand) barrel had to be recrowned by local gunsmith and the two magazines I had both failed to index properly. Both issues probably had nothing to do with daystate was probably down to previous owners poor maintenance, but I have heard of similar issues on new daystates I trust Daystate will be paying particular attention to these new offerings, wouldn't want any mishaps after parting with £2000.

I'm a little disappointed with Daystate TBH (but no I don't have a axe to grind) I was hoping to buy a Wolverine back when they said they would be offering the original wolverine in a ,177 or .22 calibre instead we got offered type B and Type C. Come on Daystate get behind your fans and give them what they want a original Wolverine in a .177 or .22. The UK comprises of four million Airgun Shooters and not a large percentage shoot HFT, many of us hobbyist don't mind spending our money on something worth spending on. I feel the rifle will sell to hardcore Daystate fans unfortunately I'm a BSA man and slowly leaning towards Air Arms.

I feel the gun is tailored for the USA market, they could justify spending £2000 on a airgun, but not us sensible Brits Anyway if you are reading this Tony let's call it £900 shake my hand do we have a deal what do you say?
    The cocking lever is reversible, so yes it is ambidextrous.

Yes this is a fail safe so the rifle cannot be fired when cocked

This is removable to allow the user to fit a 400/500cc bottle.

Having owned an Edgun Matador before now and having the cheekpiece made from metal, I would guess the plastic will be more desirable to stop cold chops albeit, would wood be better maybe? like you say, plastic in any form cheapens the gun

Wouldn't the opposite happen? the scope would move WITH the barrel maintaining POI?

As you can tell I am a Daystate man, but I agree in the end that the rifle is pooh !

That front rail under the forend would be very handy for an IR illuminator though

the common view seems to be a big resounding NO Daystate NO !

so that's the first thread on here where everyone agrees. !
    Why on earth didn't i buy that sooner.......

Quote Originally Posted by 22airshooter View Post
    The cocking lever is reversible, so yes it is ambidextrous.

Yes this is a fail safe so the rifle cannot be fired when cocked

This is removable to allow the user to fit a 400/500cc bottle.

Having owned an Edgun Matador before now and having the cheekpiece made from metal, I would guess the plastic will be more desirable to stop cold chops albeit, would wood be better maybe? like you say, plastic in any form cheapens the gun

Wouldn't the opposite happen? the scope would move WITH the barrel maintaining POI?

As you can tell I am a Daystate man, but I agree in the end that the rifle is pooh !
    I see remove the cheek rest and switch the lever to the other side, can this be done by the user or does it have to be factory set?

Are you sure the magnet just doesn't hold the lever back onto the action against the screw that appears to be directly in line with the magnet.

Ooh so this rifle will be available in the future cheaper type B option (bottle that is)

Fair comment.

The scope would move with the shroud and vis-a-versa, however will the barrel move with the shroud? If the barrel doesn't move along with everything else That's three things having to move simultaneously to maintain accuracy.

Did I mention £2000 That's two £1000s and four £500s so that's the equivalent of four AA S400s, so this rifle must shoot better than 4 rifles, and anyone who has had a s400 will tell you how good they are. Back in the day S400 was the gun to have, still is if you don't want bells and whistles.
    Say what is true, although it may be bitter and displeasing to people.

I bet the shooting magazine reviews will be awesome!!!

(sorry, had to be done)

I see remove the cheek rest and switch the lever to the other side, can this be done by the user or does it have to be factory set?

Are you sure the magnet just doesn't hold the lever back onto the action against the screw that appears to be directly in line with the magnet.

Ooh so this rifle will be available in the future cheaper type B option (bottle that is)

Fair comment.

The scope would move with the shroud and vis-a-versa, however will the barrel move with the shroud? If the barrel doesn't move along with everything else That's three things having to move simultaneously to maintain accuracy.

Did I mention £2000 That's two £1000s and four £500s so that's the equivalent of four AA S400s, so this rifle must shoot better than 4 rifles, and anyone who has had a s400 will tell you how good they are. Back in the day S400 was the gun to have, still is if you don't want bells and whistles.
    But it's all about breaking the mould isn't it haha. When your spending so much money you don't want what everyone else has, you want something unique. If I see another S400 next year it'll be too soon as they are more common than the white limited edition Vauxhall Corsa's :O

And the lever is user switchable. you unscrew the nut ontop to remove the cocking bolt bar you can see, as when you switch the lever to the opposite side it is also upside down if you get me, then you replace the bolt.
    And yes, the rifle can incorporate a larger bottle with the removal of the plastic capping similar to the wolverine.

Don;t get me wrong I would rather import an EdGun for that money and still have enough to buy a top of the range scope and plenty of JSB Jumbo's haha