Thread: Ultrasonic cleaners

Ultrasonic cleaners

Hi all just looking for some advice, aldi have a ultrasonic cleaner for sale as of Sunday , the website says its a 600ml tank, are they any good and is this tank large enough any other advise would be appreciated ,
    Regards rob

Hi rob

I got a 3 litre one from brand new and it holds about 150 small cases and about 100 243 cases with a bit to spare 600ml is just over 1/2 a litre so it's going to be very small,

Ifi could do a linki would but I paid £80 for mine and a mate got the same one from the same people 2 days ago for £60 so get on there and have a look, the one we got has a rotary control not a digital control as that's the new ones and they are trying to clear out the old rotary models

Bob,

I bought the small one some years ago. It works, that's true, but not like the £Hundreds models used in the professional jewellery trade no. It'll do only slight a little more than, to be candid, a swirl around in hot soapy water and then a wipe with a damp cloth.

Quote Originally Posted by enfieldspares View Post
    I bought the small one some years ago. It works, that's true, but not like the £Hundreds models used in the professional jewellery trade no. It'll do only slight a little more than, to be candid, a swirl around in hot soapy water and then a wipe with a damp cloth.
    i have the small hornady one ,used with propper solution brass comes out new.size is not important lol

I bought one, they are ok with soap and water, however I got a larger one for Christmas. KennyC on here bought one and has used it with seaclean and got good results. In terms of capacity it took 100 .22 hornet cases or 50 (at a push) 6.5x55 cases
    Thanks for looking

Just got one these works very well, need it bit larger for my 308win case

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Colour-Direc...2+l+ultrasonic
    Last edited by Simon_S; 22-01-2015 at 08:17 AM.

Thanks for the replies I will be using it for 223,357,308 and 6.5 so should I be looking for something bigger??

Thanks Simon but the link doesn't work or it could just be me!!
    Thanks again

Try it now. I did pay £59 looks like price gone up

A few links on this thread, I ended up going with an unbranded copy of the JPL 8050 for around 60 quid, cheaper on evilbay.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....asonic-Cleaner

Have yet to buy some seaclean but am pretty happy with the results so far using washing up liquid, 2.5L capacity and integral heater (it does take 40 mins to heat up though)
    Last edited by 223AI; 23-01-2015 at 08:06 AM.
    Thanks for looking

Seaclean is amazing stuff mate! 1 capful and brass comes out properly clean. My US has just stopped working so I'm going to buy a larger one with a timer etc on

Quote Originally Posted by dannywayoflife View Post
    Seaclean is amazing stuff mate! 1 capful and brass comes out properly clean. My US has just stopped working so I'm going to buy a larger one with a timer etc on
    Yeah I must order some from Maplins, each time I go in they say they need to order it into the store so I may as well get it delivered to me! That cleaner I have got is pretty good, will get a rock tumbler at some point, at the moment a couple of goes through the US cleaner coupled with quick wipe with 0000 wire wool whilst the case is in the pillar drill being trimmed with the lee trimmer and they're good enough for me!
    Thanks for looking

Quote Originally Posted by Boydy47 View Post
    Yeah I must order some from Maplins, each time I go in they say they need to order it into the store so I may as well get it delivered to me! That cleaner I have got is pretty good, will get a rock tumbler at some point, at the moment a couple of goes through the US cleaner coupled with quick wipe with 0000 wire wool whilst the case is in the pillar drill being trimmed with the lee trimmer and they're good enough for me!
    Scott, the plastic pads you can buy for bodywork, work very well and are easier on the hands.
    like Danny I use a cap or so of seaclean and I fill from the kettle so no waiting for the heater to work (just as well, mine hasn't got a heater )
    You Cannot Reason People Out of Something They Were Not Reasoned Into
    "Politicians like to panic, they need activity. It is their substitute for achievement" Sir Humphry Appleby

Quote Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
    Scott, the plastic pads you can buy for bodywork, work very well and are easier on the hands.
    like Danny I use a cap or so of seaclean and I fill from the kettle so no waiting for the heater to work (just as well, mine hasn't got a heater )
    The heater seemed like a good idea as I load in my shed come workshop which is 100 yards from the hot tap / kettle. Didn't know about the waiting 40 mins though, they didn't mention it in the ad .

Good shout on the pad, only reason I tried the wool is I had it there from finishing a laminate stock!
    Thanks for looking

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_S View Post
    Just got one these works very well, need it bit larger for my 308win case

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Colour-Direc...2+l+ultrasonic
    Hay Simon,

I got the 3L one of these as said it was £80 but if you keep looking in the price drops every now and then, cracking bit of kit,

Bob