Page 12 of 91 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 April 11th/12th Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

The cheque is in the post
    My youtube channel and please subscribe if you like itShooting at Dawn
    Facebook group Air Rifles

Page 2?

Don't think so!!!

Nice one, Neil, be great to see you there again.

BOING !!!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Er, um, wot's this?

Page 2 again!!

Mmmmm.....me not think so!

Any more cheques today, young Michael?

BOING !!!!

And a PSSSTTTT!! ..... for the especially refined non-boingy springers, rammers and pneumatics!!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Been thinking about what was said earlier regarding a tee shirt design. I have seen the one that has been done and its ok but wouldn't we be alright with something like a picture of a spring and the word 'boing' ???
    My youtube channel and please subscribe if you like itShooting at Dawn
    Facebook group Air Rifles

Quote Originally Posted by neil180 View Post
    Been thinking about what was said earlier regarding a tee shirt design. I have seen the one that has been done and its ok but wouldn't we be alright with something like a picture of a spring and the word 'boing' ???
    I'm up for a few designs.

And I love your suggestion. Nice and simple, just a piccy of a spring, Y'know with a bit of light glinting off the odd coil and a "BOING"!

Then, on the back, a piccy of a spring with guide and a "CRACK", paying tribute to the sharper sounding shorter stroke designs with bearings / fitted guides.

I LOVE SPRINGS !

BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Cheque recieved today from Capital Bee --- looking forward to seeing you again Mark.

All the best Mick
    Thanks Mick, looking forward to it already.

And cheques received today from Chippendale and Slinger69 --- Be great have you here again, Mel and Gwyn.

Is Mrs Chippendale doing OK now Mel ?

All the best Mick

And cheques received today from Chippendale and Slinger69 --- Be great have you here again, Mel and Gwyn.

All the best Mick
    YAY!!

Can't wait, chaps!

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.

All the best Mick
    Yes thank you she is doing very well, we were back at the hospital in Barlborough last Friday for her check up and the surgeon is very pleased with her progress and does not want to see her for another nine months. She is walking 90% better and there is no pain, thanks for asking.
    Looking forward to the shoot in April, not sure if it will be one or two days though.

Cheers
    Mel

edbear2 Guest
    Hi Mick, I can only make one day, which day would you say from previous events would be the most busy?...Reason is I still have the frame set up and bell target I used at the poppy shoot, so maybe could bring this up along with some oldies, and modern league guns so people can have a go at 6 yard open sight standing fun

Even with a blueprinted HW or TX it is harder than you would imagine, especially with banter and might be interesting for folk to try.

Could have a small prize for the best score even

Can't find any images of the set up, I am sure I have some somewhere, and know John M does, so if he sees this maybe he can put up a link or I will have a mooch over the weekend.

target is a City Air Weapons league jobbie, with slighly reduced hole that normally lives in my garage, and can be reset from the firing point by a cord set up.

ATB, Ed

EDIT>>>>>found this;

http://www.airgunshooting.co.uk/home...hoot_1_3118350
    Last edited by edbear2; 30-01-2015 at 06:20 PM.

Awesome, I'd fancy a go at that Ed. From the past, I reckon Saturday has been the busiest day by far.

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    .Reason is I still have the frame set up and bell target I used at the poppy shoot, so maybe could bring this up along with some oldies, and modern league guns so people can have a go at 6 yard open sight standing fun

...Can't find any images of the set up... put up a LINK...

ATB, Ed
    Embedded a link to the Airgun Shooting coverage of the Poppy Shoot.

Don't like the sound of an even smaller hole Ed, I've been struggling with the regular 3/8" jobbie recently. 6 Foot Pounders struggle to trigger ours with a "splitter"... that's my excuse.

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    Embedded a link to the Airgun Shooting coverage of the Poppy Shoot.

Don't like the sound of an even smaller hole Ed, I've been struggling with the regular 3/8" jobbie recently. 6 Foot Pounders struggle to trigger ours with a "splitter"... that's my excuse.
    You need to do it proper with 11.6 like we do!...It was always a ''off the shelf'' gun sport to begin with, and old league photos I have seen and old boys I have talked to in our league seem to confirm that the guns used were normal springers. Obviously BSA underlevers dominated in the early days, but post WW2 guns like Airsporter clubs / Webley mk 3's arrived and these seemed to be the staple up to the 1980's with a few diehards still doing well with 45" CS BSA's (I have seen old score books and people were getting possibles back then and 23's / 24's were quite often seen). Now those 3 guns ran about 10-11+. The German stuff started popping up then and becoming more popular due to the weight, with several people now still using HW 80's, but I would say these days it's about 60-65% HW 77's the remainder various marks of TX200 with a few odd Webley Omegas / Superstars / others.

Many of the guns I see have been circulating in the league since the 80's with stunning early venom Tyro HW's being seemingly common...I have never seen so many since I started doing this discipline

Obviously all the leagues started with full power guns way back, but we are talking 8-9 for the shorter BSA's maybe 10.5 for the 30's long guns...I don't know how the various leagues morphed into using 6 pound guns, maybe it was because the target boys got involved and that is what they used (FWB 300's and the like).

ATB, Ed

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    ...I don't know how the various leagues morphed into using 6 pound guns, maybe it was because the target boys got involved and that is what they used (FWB 300's and the like).
    It gives us an excuse to buy and use the old match guns .

Cutting edge in their day it's nice to justify their continued use, most of the better advances in "full power guns" filtered down from the match guns so you should show them some respect young Ed .

Quote Originally Posted by Chippendale View Post
    Yes thank you she is doing very well, we were back at the hospital in Barlborough last Friday for her check up and the surgeon is very pleased with her progress and does not want to see her for another nine months. She is walking 90% better and there is no pain, thanks for asking.
    Looking forward to the shoot in April, not sure if it will be one or two days though.

Cheers
    Mel
    Excellent news, Mel. Glad she's made such a good recovery.