Page 13 of 91 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 April 11th/12th Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Awesome, I'd fancy a go at that Ed. From the past, I reckon Saturday has been the busiest day by far.
    Me, too, yes please!!

And yes, the Saturday always tends to be the busier day.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    You need to do it proper with 11.6 like we do!...It was always a ''off the shelf'' gun sport to begin with, and old league photos I have seen and old boys I have talked to in our league seem to confirm that the guns used were normal springers. Obviously BSA underlevers dominated in the early days, but post WW2 guns like Airsporter clubs / Webley mk 3's arrived and these seemed to be the staple up to the 1980's with a few diehards still doing well with 45" CS BSA's (I have seen old score books and people were getting possibles back then and 23's / 24's were quite often seen). Now those 3 guns ran about 10-11+. The German stuff started popping up then and becoming more popular due to the weight, with several people now still using HW 80's, but I would say these days it's about 60-65% HW 77's the remainder various marks of TX200 with a few odd Webley Omegas / Superstars / others.

Many of the guns I see have been circulating in the league since the 80's with stunning early venom Tyro HW's being seemingly common...I have never seen so many since I started doing this discipline

Obviously all the leagues started with full power guns way back, but we are talking 8-9 for the shorter BSA's maybe 10.5 for the 30's long guns...I don't know how the various leagues morphed into using 6 pound guns, maybe it was because the target boys got involved and that is what they used (FWB 300's and the like).

ATB, Ed
    I can see the sweet shooting little HW30 doing very nicely at this, too. And the 35... And the 55......And, and.......

Really wish we had a bell target scene locally.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Captain Bongo is online now I'm not falling for this again........
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Awesome, I'd fancy a go at that Ed. From the past, I reckon Saturday has been the busiest day by far.
    Me too Ed, sounds like fun and like Rickenbacker says, Saturday is probably the busiest day. I have a HW57 with a diopter sight on it, would that be suitable or do you need proper "open" notch and post sights, in which case I will need to use my BSA cadet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippendale View Post
    Yes thank you she is doing very well, we were back at the hospital in Barlborough last Friday for her check up and the surgeon is very pleased with her progress and does not want to see her for another nine months. She is walking 90% better and there is no pain, thanks for asking.
    Looking forward to the shoot in April, not sure if it will be one or two days though.

Cheers
    Mel
    Just the job Mel, I hope Paul (aitch20) gets fit and well as quickly.

All the best Mick

Hi Mick, I can only make one day, which day would you say from previous events would be the most busy?
    Hi Ed

As the other lads have said, Saturday is the busiest day --- by Sunday morning we're all a bit knackered.

And for those who've asked on other threads, though we call this the Boinger Bash it is always open to any type of sub 12ftlb airguns.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by neil180 View Post
    The cheque is in the post
    And cheque received today Neil along with a cheque from Nick (18 Wheeler) - looking forward to seeing you both again.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    And cheque received today Neil along with a cheque from Nick (18 Wheeler) - looking forward to seeing you both again.

All the best Mick
    Brilliant!!

It's gonna be a good 'un once again. I just knew the concept of the Spring, er, Springer Bash would work.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I hope Paul (aitch20) gets fit and well as quickly.

All the best Mick
    Indeed. Very best wishes for a speedy recovery, Paul.

I've just written out a cheque, and will get it posted tomorrow!

Excellent, that man.

Welcome aboard. You're going to love it.

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Thanks Mick and Tony for your kind thoughts, look forward to seeing everybody again, I have a Cadet Major but the trigger is very hard to pull, will this do for a go at the bell target, had a go at this at a Poppy shoot that Gary organised in 2013, promised myself to make one so I could shoot in the garage in the winter, got the bell but never got round to making the target, shall have to pull my finger out and get on with it.
    See you all in April

Mel

Chippendale (with clothes on)

Oh dear, we appear to have slipped onto Page 2 again!

Nope, this time I'm NOT going to use the 'B' word.

Like Bleedin' Buggery I'm not...

BOING !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki_79 View Post
    I've just written out a cheque, and will get it posted tomorrow!
    Good man

Do you like Kitkats perchance ?

Shetland Ponies

Chaps, I know we all had a bit of a laugh when Mick started the old Dave and a Shetland Pony thing off, but I got told the other day of some mega sick f---wit weirdo in South Yorkshire who has just gone down for four years for sex acts with one of these poor little things.

It was reported on one of the Sheffield papers' websites.

Sick, sick b'tard.

Hi Mick, I can only make one day, which day would you say from previous events would be the most busy?...Reason is I still have the frame set up and bell target I used at the poppy shoot, so maybe could bring this up along with some oldies, and modern league guns so people can have a go at 6 yard open sight standing fun

Even with a blueprinted HW or TX it is harder than you would imagine, especially with banter and might be interesting for folk to try.

Could have a small prize for the best score even

Can't find any images of the set up, I am sure I have some somewhere, and know John M does, so if he sees this maybe he can put up a link or I will have a mooch over the weekend.

target is a City Air Weapons league jobbie, with slighly reduced hole that normally lives in my garage, and can be reset from the firing point by a cord set up.

ATB, Ed

EDIT>>>>>found this;

http://www.airgunshooting.co.uk/home...hoot_1_3118350
    I'd like a go at this please Edbear
    Seize the Day! Quigley Hollow is a great place to start.