Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Webley Senior/Mk I springs spec (Chambers)

Thanks John,

Just been shooting it and TBH it is so easy to cock and (especially as it is really my eleven year olds' ) I might just leave it as it is now after all this - shoots really nice and knocks over anything it has to and smooth as silk with the original maybe slightly tired spring.

I changed the spring in my Mk I for the Chambers one as that was a bu**er to cock (even more than normal) and the spring was about 4 coils over spec - bearing in mind my Senior going kaput I wanted to make sure the Mk I was not oversprung and it's definitely easier now.

You have to love these old Webleys - so easy to strip in seconds, build quality is awesome and so much fun to own and shoot.
    Max; looking for: Baikal IZH 61 side lever rifle

Quote Originally Posted by felix gunner View Post
    Thanks John,

Just been shooting it and TBH it is so easy to cock and (especially as it is really my eleven year olds' ) I might just leave it as it is now after all this - shoots really nice and knocks over anything it has to and smooth as silk with the original maybe slightly tired spring.

I changed the spring in my Mk I for the Chambers one as that was a bu**er to cock (even more than normal) and the spring was about 4 coils over spec - bearing in mind my Senior going kaput I wanted to make sure the Mk I was not oversprung and it's definitely easier now.

You have to love these old Webleys - so easy to strip in seconds, build quality is awesome and so much fun to own and shoot.
    I couldn't agree more Max. I bought a presentable straight grip Mark I at a Bisley arms fair last year for £50, which was a real bargain. The spring is unlikely to be the correct one as the pistol is very easy to cock and down on power. However...the pistol behaves very smoothly and is one of the most accurate I have ever shot, so I have been reluctant to replace the spring. I also know there is little chance of over stressing any components with the current set up.

Kind regards,

John