Thread: Valuation please

Valuation please

Selling some of my boxed BSA's.
    Valuation please on boxed BSA SCORPION .22
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bsa scorpion

Looks v good
    Maybe £200.

Nice to see it complete, got to be worth 150ish? Worth a trip out to buy it and a fish supper at bizzie lizzies!!

Lots of BSA Scorpions, heck I have an almost mint one. But few boxed, and complete. So £200 isn't robbing anyone. Plenty of shooters for £60-100.

Have we found a way of getting piccys onto this bit of the forum?

Not seen them here before but now two posts showing them??????????

As much as I would like to value my boxed mint Scorp at £200 I think that would be a 'hopefull' figure - £150??
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .

The pistol would need to be like new, mint, too. Again lots of excellent ones still about and they struggle to do better than £100.

Boxed but the styrofoam is not present, it has been replaced, which does hit the "boxed" aspect considerably.

If it were mine I might consider splitting this up because of this. The target holder and the accessories and the carton of the box are worth possibly more than makes sense to some people.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Quote Originally Posted by air-tech View Post
    Boxed but the styrofoam is not present, it has been replaced, which does hit the "boxed" aspect considerably.

If it were mine I might consider splitting this up because of this. The target holder and the accessories and the carton of the box are worth possibly more than makes sense to some people.
    Hi. If somebody has gone to the trouble of replacing the foam to the box, they have done an excellent job because it looks like it's been machine cut or stamped out, even cut-outs to allow you to pull the parts out. Like you say, all my other boxed BSA stuff has either cardboard or the soft foam. It would be nice to find out if BSA did make inserts like this, or, has someone really gone to all that trouble to make this one.
    Many thanks for your reply.

Lightbulb scorpion valuation

Very nicely done obviously using the hot wire and battrey type of foam cutter,we used to make these at school,great idea,got to put more value than the basic pistol. Would say £150 - £160 all day.

Quote Originally Posted by lenweb View Post
    Hi. If somebody has gone to the trouble of replacing the foam to the box, they have done an excellent job because it looks like it's been machine cut or stamped out, even cut-outs to allow you to pull the parts out. Like you say, all my other boxed BSA stuff has either cardboard or the soft foam. It would be nice to find out if BSA did make inserts like this, or, has someone really gone to all that trouble to make this one.
    Many thanks for your reply.
    I would say that someone has gone to extraordinary lengths to replicate the original, shame they appear to have used a different type of foam rather than EPS.

In any case they could not replicate the BSA logo.

Here's the original:

http://www.reemandansie.com/index.ph...19275&archived

And another:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y11.../Scorpion9.jpg

The original would of course have been moulded not cut.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

What?

Jeesus.

Does it really matter what the padding is made of? Especially if the modern stuff is better.

I am going to take my anorak out into the garden and burn it in shame, I am then going down the pub to get a life.

May I suggest some others do likewise.

Kev
    Daystate Panther in .177
    Daystate Air Ranger in .22
    BSA Meteor Mk1 in .22

If its original factory plastic lining then it makes it even rarer so add another £100

Dinky/Matchbox toys and Air rifles seem to get the cardboard mania out of collectors.

Cardboard, holds moisture so unless in correct conditions not the best. Many plastics fail over time and some turn into sticky mush that can damage the goods. Some boxes are interesting but my feeling is they aren't that important though nice if the item happens to come with it. We are talking medium value collectables not big bucks items. In truth its whatever floats your boat.
    Last edited by Muskett; 22-01-2015 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin42 View Post
    Jeesus.

Does it really matter what the padding is made of? Especially if the modern stuff is better.

I am going to take my anorak out into the garden and burn it in shame, I am then going down the pub to get a life.

May I suggest some others do likewise.

Kev
    I'm only surprised the OP has not replaced that tatty old box with something "modern" and "better" to suit the "modern" and "better" insert. By the way, this is the collectors section. Are you sure you are not here by mistake?