Thread: Airarms Shamal .22 Walnut thumbhole stock

gazandjen Guest

Airarms Shamal .22 Walnut thumbhole stock

I have a lovely old Shamal in really nice condition with a generic 8x56 scope which has very clear optics 30/30 ret. The rifle itself has a few little marks commensurate with age but is really nice condition overall.

I have put it up at £350 on other sites. Would this be a fair price?

http://i61.tinypic.com/ienic5.jpg

http://i57.tinypic.com/aewtv5.jpg

That looks like an airmasters ft stock, can't see an adjustable cheekpiece if it had one it would be the fts model.

Can you post a pic of the side of the rifle.

Matt

I have a lovely Shamal in a nice walnut sporter stock.

It was set up by Dave at Airmasters, runs a very light hammer spring and is a pleasure to shoot. It has been back to them for a fair few services.

It's in .177 flavour, and is one of the most consistant and accurate air rifles I have ever owned.

I tried to sell it a few years back for about £325, a very serious and well known collector on here wanted it, but only wanted to pay about £200 odd for it.

I decided to keep it.

I don't think the majority of potential air rifle owners realise the Shamal is more than the equal of any modern air rifle, and the quality and construction is far superior.

I really don't think you are too far out on your asking price
    master(dot)shriller(at)gmail.com

gazandjen Guest
    thanks for the input.

Here is a pic from the side.

Shamal

They are nice well made rifles. There was one sold by Holts in the last auction which was very similar with the thumbhole stock also with an 8x56 scope I think it made £190 plus commission etc.which would come out about £250. Hope that helps

Personally i think a Shamal should go for at least £500 but then i am biased as i own one myself and dispite the fact that they are quite weighty they are an exceptionally accurate PCP and are totally satisfying to shoot. However i paid £300 three years ago for one in .177 with a sporter stock with sling and a Gold Crown 4-12x40 from a pretty decent gunshop, and if i had to keep only one air rifle out of my collection it would be that. Seriously though i would ask £350-£400 and hold out as long as you can, there are people out there who realise what a solidly built gem these rifles are. It would be sad to see it go for any less than £300. ATB.
    If your not going to eat it, don't shoot it

Wing Commander Sir Nigel Tetlington-Smythe

gazandjen Guest
    Thanks. Rifle is really nice so will keep it unless I can get around £300 min. It is a great old rifle.

gazandjen Guest
    I would take offers around £275 if any one was intrested....

Definitely an airmasters ft stock.

Is the action regulated?

Also I would look for any names or marks on the scope.

Matt

gazandjen Guest
    I don't think it is regulated. Def no marks on scope.

Final price reduction to £250 collected if any one fancies a classic.