Thread: Supported Air Pistol Shooting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    It turns out that the DSB rules for Senior Supported Air Pistol Shooting are pretty simple and uncomplicated and are easy to understand and only took a few minutes to get the hang of - but the translation is being "tidied-up" and we will get a good English copy of it on here soon.

The rules are so simple and obvious that I see no point in making any changes to them whatsoever as they are working just fine the way they are.

Most German shooters knock-up their own rests and find a way to fit a flat bottom onto their pistol grips ( usually just a wedge of hardwood) so it looks like a nice little project for the DIY shooter to get stuck into and a nice new challenge for those of us that can now continue to shoot air pistol for a few more years longer than we thought would be possible.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    The rules are so simple and obvious that I see no point in making any changes to them whatsoever as they are working just fine the way they are.

That's German efficiency for you...and they've been running it for only 4 years too!!

Most German shooters knock-up their own rests and find a way to fit a flat bottom onto their pistol grips ( usually just a wedge of hardwood) so it looks like a nice little project for the DIY shooter to get stuck into and a nice new challenge for those of us that can now continue to shoot air pistol for a few more years longer than we thought would be possible.

Thomas Rink supplies a "wedge" to convert pistols for this event.

​Here's the link;

http://www.formgriffe.de/en/shpPfCnt.php?sCI=123

Hope this helps a little,

ATB
    Mike.

[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by mikec4; 29-01-2015 at 09:11 PM.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Here is a translation of the German supported rules, there were photos to help clarify points too, but here are the words it's very simple really.
    The formatting has been lost somewhat in the paste.

Best cheers
    George

Rules for shooting with air pistol which is rested

Pistol
    The pistol is a normal air pistol, all sizes as well sights stay the same .

Grip
    Its not allowed to shape the grip to fit the rest, the base of the grip rests on the rest.

Aiming
    No body part may touch any of the stand for resting the pistol.
    It’s not allowed to lean the side of the pistol on the rest. It’s not allowed to lean the body or any body parts on the stand to rest the pistol.
    Between the hand and the stand for resting the pistol there must be a visible gap. Only the base of the grip may touch the rest and no other parts of the pistol i.e. you cannot rest the pistol on the rest using the area in front of the trigger.

Way of aiming
    It is only allowed to hold the pistol with one hand the second hand is not allowed to hold the pistol or touch the pistol or the stand for resting the pistol.
    Participant from seniors class C are allowed to shoot while using a stool without a back.
    It is not allowed to lean on or to hitch in with one or two feet the shooting lane barrier / table or the chair. The feet must be flat on the floor and knees clear of any barrier.

Competition category’s
    The seniors are divided into classes A,B,C.
    Classes in the senior category
    Age Group Help
    56-65 Seniors A Resting
    66-71 Seniors B Resting
    72+ Seniors C Resting
    and chair

Competition Class Classification
    The classification of group comes from the age attained in the year before the actual sports year . A change of the group is not possible.

Male/Female participants
    This is classed by the competition advertising

Numbers of shots
    30 shots are counted
    Sighting shots
    In the shooting time it is possible to have unlimited training shots before the shots which are counted.

Shooting Times
    10 Meter competition: 45 Minutes
    Reloading
    The reloading is only allowed if the muzzle is pointing down range.

Sorting out a draw
    Single result for the places 1 to 6 ; If draw it depends on:
    The highest result in the last 10 series and in the 10 series going back until there is a difference :
    Through the highest number of 10,9,8,…
    Through the highest number of the inner tenner

Shooting range
    10 meter on 10-meter-air pistol targets.

Resting place for the pistol
    The resting bar for the pistol has to be made out of round material with maximum 50 mm diameter and a length of minimum of 100 mm. Its surface has to have a have smooth finish where the pistol rests.
    Last edited by thirdwheel; 30-01-2015 at 10:06 AM.

That's great George, now, anyone got a picture of the rest.
    Peter

yup got pictures of the rest but have no way of putting them up here, Pm me with your email and I can send you them.

George

First UK Competition for Supported Air Pistol

In the new MPL 6 yard Postal series we will be including Supported Air Pistol for the very first time.

This competition will run from July to December 2015 will be an ideal opportunity for everyone to knock-up some sort of a rest to comply with the rule's George has already shown here and to take part in the FIRST EVER British competition for this new class.

Any type of legal .177 calibre air pistol can be used and the rest can be a very simple device that can make a simple DIY project.

JG knocked-up a simple stand from a piece of 50mm alloy tube that was fixed to a camera tripod.

I am looking at adapting a cheap Halfords axle stand that can be stood on a table (other brands are available ) to give the correct standing height and I am sure we will see lots of other solutions over the next few weeks.

To give the biggest impact and to promote this new discipline for the first time in the UK we have decided that this will be an equal "opportunities competition" - open to anyone of any age that would like to give it a try.

Please let me know if you are interested intaking part in this fascinating 6 yard competition.
    Last edited by zooma; 15-06-2015 at 11:55 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

I was talking to Ian about this this evening Bob. He came up with the idea of using a pole roler that you will have noticed anglers using if you have walked around any lake or canal. We will have to think carefully about producing some stands and of course obtaining or modifying the correct flat type of grip. As an old duffer myself and clearly qualifying for the required "official" age criteria, I can only agree that this sounds like fun to me. Ian and I agreed that the ten metre rifle targets might be better for practice however, although those of us with deteriorating eyesight might struggle a bit! I also own the MEC Olympic pistol shooting book which does explain the principles along with digital images of some "veteran" shooters doing the business.

I look forward to trying this out, I really do!

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !