Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
I was talking to Ian about this this evening Bob. He came up with the idea of using a pole roler that you will have noticed anglers using if you have walked around any lake or canal. We will have to think carefully about producing some stands and of course obtaining or modifying the correct flat type of grip. As an old duffer myself and clearly qualifying for the required "official" age criteria, I can only agree that this sounds like fun to me. Ian and I agreed that the ten metre rifle targets might be better for practice however, although those of us with deteriorating eyesight might struggle a bit! I also own the MEC Olympic pistol shooting book which does explain the principles along with digital images of some "veteran" shooters doing the business.

I look forward to trying this out, I really do!

Andy
Hi Andy,

It would be good to have you ( and your old bones) with us

I don't get the chance to walk around lakes or canals so much any more so I have not seen the pole rollers you refer to, but JG knocked up a rest with a 6" length of 50mm tube and fixed it onto a camera tripod and that worked well enough for testing and would probably be OK for regular use too.

The sort of stand you can see in the MEC book should be easy to get fabricated locally - it may be worth showing it to John to see if he would like to make a batch for the local shooters - we would certainly buy some for our club if he did and I am sure there would be a lot of others interested in them as well.