Thread: Possible Swap / Trade - - Colt navy<>Old Airguns

Possible Swap / Trade - - Colt navy<>Old Airguns

This is probably a real longshot. Pardon the pun.

I am making the decision to out my vintage airgun collection and use the funds to start collecting American Civil War period arms.
    My starting point would be to acquire a period Colt Navy/Army percussion revolver.
    Is the anyone out there that may be interested in a swap/trade?

Presumably you have the relevant open slot on your FAC unless you want a replica or deactivated one.
    "Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other."

No license is needed to collect a muzzle-loading antique, handgun or long arm. It is only necessary to have a FAC IF the firearm is a cartridge-loader, and uses readily available ammunition, or if you wish to actually shoot it. You may also select a firearm in the Section 58 category, that while it DOES use a cartridge, is nevertheless an obsolete type, like a .56cal Spencer. Needless to say, a modern and live-firing replica of ANY WoNA firearm DOES require a FAC, or SGC in the case of a smoothbore with a barrel longer than 24".

However, in general, as far as WoNA firearms are concerned, you should spend your first £1000 on reference material, and go on from there. THE man for this kind of firearm in the UK is Pete Holder - his advert in GunMart shows literally millions of pounds worth of WoNA and contemporary firearms for sale.

tac

Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    This is probably a real longshot. Pardon the pun.

I am making the decision to out my vintage airgun collection and use the funds to start collecting American Civil War period arms.
    My starting point would be to acquire a period Colt Navy/Army percussion revolver.
    Is the anyone out there that may be interested in a swap/trade?
    Hi Norman
    Now that your inbox is clear, I've pinged you a PM.
    cheers
    Nick
    Last edited by njaw; 25-01-2015 at 10:33 PM.

Nick,

It is not prudent to post an email address in this forum especially one that it is easy to obtain an address from.

I suggest you remove the email address and use pm for contact.

Regards,

Will.

Quote Originally Posted by Glevum View Post
    Nick,

It is not prudent to post an email address in this forum especially one that it is easy to obtain an address from.

I suggest you remove the email address and use pm for contact.

Regards,

Will.
    His inbox was full, hence the email address. It's my business address and is readily available so I don't really mind. Any, his inbox is now empty and I have ping him a PM.
    cheers