Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How the hell did this happen?

I think this could be the best type of thread of all!

Join the club mate, problem is I still say that I'm not a collector which I'm not I just am addicted to all kinds if air rifles and some pistols!

I tell you one thing, you develop a real skill at getting away with it. Because I fix and tune allot of guns, I often get away with " I'm just fixing it then I'm going to sell it on" and hope she doesn't notice it's still with me when I get it out?

The problem is, that she is quite cleaver herself and knows allot more about rifles than my friends, so you must tread careful.

I say as long as the (addiction) doesn't come before your family and bills, then good for you, have fun and be happy, as I can tell you first hand, that having so many I often get exited to get a few out and have a play, because when you have so many there are always ones you forget about for a while, then when you finally do get them out, it's like having a new rifle all over again!

I for one love having loads and have done since I was a kid, I always had 4 air rifles and a gat gun

Enjoy
    All the best
    Daniel

wellcome to my world, 150 plus

Cool how the hell did this happen

Had just resigned myself to stop buying when along came two more scorpions in 177 one with a shoulder stock,just as i"d got hold of a HW45 in 177, i"ts my birthday next month and the missus has bought me a nice chrome Bruni Colt 1911 blank firer,to add to the collection, what are you supposed to do when they all start to get stuff for you ? My 2015 list IS getting smaller from the top,but longer on the bottom

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    Quote Originally Posted by fatttmannn View Post
    Flipping eck if i had 150 i would have to move out of the house and into the shed.
    ATB, Gordon.
    Professional Ferret Juggler

Quote Originally Posted by fatttmannn View Post
    I thought I was bad with just forty! Hope you enjoy them all!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob M View Post
    I thought I was bad with just forty! Hope you enjoy them all!
    yes thanks

This is pure gold....when she reads this you will all look insane and I will look totally normal-thanks Chaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamocfx View Post
    This is pure gold....when she reads this you will all look insane and I will look totally normal-thanks Chaps.
    been called much worse

I honestly had no idea, so I've just been around the house counting them. The total is 31 rifles and 14 pistols - so hardly any compared with some numbers mentioned by others. And there I was thinking that I might be some kind of unbalanced obsessive, when obviously its perfectly normal to fill every spare room and the attic with old airguns, then keep looking for more...

I thought I had about 25 rifles untill the other week when a thread came up about how many guns you have . I counted them and was very supprised when I got to 35 I always thought I was not a collector but it does seem to creep up on you . I just cant say no when a nice 35E turns up lovely things Oh and 3 shotguns and a few pistols
    A few nice rifles

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    I wonder if you could apply a medical term for this affliction we have ? eg Boingerism or pneumaticitis , sorry TonyL it was the first thing i thought of .
    ATB, Gordon.
    Professional Ferret Juggler

At what point does this become a serious affliction? 30 or even 40 sounds err normal (not the word others would use I am sure) but over 50 and you should be awarded some sort of badge (or medical certificate)....over 100.....?

As for a name ....cool? though my girlfriend just called us a bunch of dicks and laughed-I take this as some sort of compliment, we are obviously the George Clooneys of the collecting world.

GAS is a wonderful condition for which there is no cure, enjoy it while it lasts......With everything being temporary in our possessions, including ourselves, at least, we can be positive.... a bit of dabble with springs and pistons, and with a bit of scrub up with fine wire wool soaked in 3 in 1, they are good enough to pass into an unknown future, maybe to be appreciated or, to be chucked into the local council scrap metal skip for recycling and coming back as Chinese copies....... Or, to save worrying about their future, I can collect.....

All the best.

P.S.
    Good evening GCHQ and NSA.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamocfx View Post
    At what point does this become a serious affliction? 30 or even 40 sounds err normal (not the word others would use I am sure) but over 50 and you should be awarded some sort of badge (or medical certificate)....over 100.....?

As for a name ....cool? though my girlfriend just called us a bunch of dicks and laughed-I take this as some sort of compliment, we are obviously the George Clooneys of the collecting world.
    ask the good lady how many pairs of shoes and boots she has, then( prepare to run at this point) why

yes forgot gchq, good evening gents, ladies.