Thread: Brocock Concept single shot ...Questions

Brocock Concept single shot ...Questions

I have been trying daily to speak to Brococks Gunsmith Paul..without any luck.
    The problem I have is the Bolt release / lock nib on the side of the bolt mechanism on my gun (which has the Bolt situated on the back of the gun as opposed to the side)...Will not relocate very easily after cocking the bolt..... It releases fine, in order to enable cocking of the bolt, but when pushed back forwards to lock into place it has started to fail to lock into position and just pops out again.

Also I have just started to notice that on a few occasions lately , the gun sounds like it has dry fired when discharging .This is not a case of no pellet being in the breech, as I am target shooting, and can see the shot impacting ...The report of the gun sounds very loud when this happens.despite the moderator being in place on the gun.It them returns to normal on the following shots...only to do it again a few rounds later on....

Would Appreciate to feedback on these issues please .

Thanks folks

concept

hello, could you post a pic, did they give a reason paul could not speak, you could try getting hold of adam woods the new uk sales manager.

Quote Originally Posted by oldboyshooter View Post
    hello, could you post a pic, did they give a reason paul could not speak, you could try getting hold of adam woods the new uk sales manager.
    HI ,
    They seem unwilling to even answer the phone most days..it simply defaults to answerphone..even in the day time..ringing between 16:00 and 17.00 hrs is the same..spoke to one guy who "tried to put me through to the workshop" ..answerphone kicked in again after several rings....Adam Woods has been the most helpful (uk sales Manager) via e mail...the phone is a waste of space...not doing themselves any favours IMO....

Sorted the bolt release issue now..just this loud report every few shots ..is a bit baffling will post a pic later...cheers...ATB

Quote Originally Posted by oldboyshooter View Post
    Hi there,
    Spoke to Adam via e mail last night...He asked Brett in the office to speak to paul for me...Brett then asked Paul to give me a ring.

After a lengthy talk with Paul...It was determined that the bolt release catch was in need of some cleaning and lube...The catch was not seating correctly when the bolt was cocked and pushed into lock position...this was the cause of the louder shots...air pushing the bolt back slightly when catch not fully engaged onto bolt ...We also determined that my breech o ring would probably have some wear / or damage...so Paul sending me some o rings FOC ...

So hopefully all will be well ...catch is much much better operationally after clean and lube...awaiting o rings ...

ATB...