Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hw30s appreciation society

Very good results there TonyL. Im tempted to have a play with my '30 but I dont want to change its shooting characteristics, I dont remember ever shooting a springer with such agreeable manners.

I prefer it much more than my old HW99 SFS imp. For me the 30 is more accurate too.

Quote Originally Posted by chimpy leon View Post
    Very good results there TonyL. Im tempted to have a play with my '30 but I dont want to change its shooting characteristics, I dont remember ever shooting a springer with such agreeable manners.

I prefer it much more than my old HW99 SFS imp. For me the 30 is more accurate too.
    Agree with all your comments

But I think you've gotten me mixed up with Nick.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Agree with all your comments

But I think you've gotten me mixed up with Nick.

Damn! I hate it when that happens!

Nick who?
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Who would buy one in .20 cal R7 if given the choice? I am tempted to pick one up while living here in the USA

Oops sorry about that. Forgot to put the jam jars on again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanky94 View Post
    Who would buy one in .20 cal R7 if given the choice? I am tempted to pick one up while living here in the USA
    By the rave reviews it gets it would be nice to have all three, a .177", a .20" & a .22".

I will start with a .177" and see how we get on.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Thanks fella!

I made the mistake of popping into Helston gunsmiths for some pellets this afternoon. Forget the scope problem, I walked out with a lovely little Phillipino WTC 1.5-5x20 for the least I've ever seen them go for! It suits it down to the ground without seemingly adding any weight or upsetting the balance.

Karens making murmurations about swapping this for her 97. We shall see.......
    Is rommel off sick?
    Rommel and bargains have never before been uttered in the same sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Is rommel off sick?
    Rommel and bargains have never before been uttered in the same sentence

It took ten minutes of fruitless negotiation followed by begging and crying, and then wafting cash under his nose, but it was done!

Oh Lordy-Lordington! What a gun!

A full tin of FTT's went through this little rifle at the club today, and they all went in the right place.
    Off a rest on the zero range it easily made one hole groups at 25 & 30 yards and 20mm spinners were hit virtually every time by everyone who tried it.
    I took it out on the top course whose targets tend to be 35-40yd max and once I'd got my eye in this little combo did surprisingly well, it even had an advantage as I could watch the path of the pellets to the rangier targets and adjust accordingly.

This rifle has proved to me that power isn't the most important thing, and to 30 yards it hits everything my Rapid 17 does.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Mrrubberglover View Post
    As ive said many times before my hw30 is airgun perfection in my eyes. Id gladly put it up against anything out to 30yrds. It loves Air Arms 4.52mm and supported will reward you with the tiniest groups . True pcp accuracy from a low cost airgun. l've also used it against rats at my daughtets stable and it is perfect for the job as its very quiet and delivers clinical head shots with ease.
    It did have a very slight galling issue but a smear of molly grease sorted it and its never returned.

A full tin of FTT's went through this little rifle at the club today, and they all went in the right place.
    Off a rest on the zero range it easily made one hole groups at 25 & 30 yards and 20mm spinners were hit virtually every time by everyone who tried it.
    I took it out on the top course whose targets tend to be 35-40yd max and once I'd got my eye in this little combo did surprisingly well, it even had an advantage as I could watch the path of the pellets to the rangier targets and adjust accordingly.

This rifle has proved to me that power isn't the most important thing, and to 30 yards it hits everything my Rapid 17 does.
    I hate to say I told you so
    ive been raving on about these guns for about a year now. Mine never stops putting a smile on my face ( and anyone else who uses it ) and also to show how versatile it is , I used mine today with open sights shooting rats at 6yrds in a stable. A lot better than a pistol and deadly with bisley practice pellets at that range.
    HW97kt .177 / Panorama 4-12x50 ao-ir ..HW97kt .22 / Viper 10x44..Air Arms Tx200hc .177 / Viper 6-24x56..HW95k Airmasters .20 / Viper 10x44..HW30s.177/Hawke 3-9x40 . HW45 black star .177...BSA Scorpion SE .177 /Varmint 4-16×44

My Hw30S with Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 and its stable mate.

Quote Originally Posted by chimpy leon View Post

My Hw30S with Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 and its stable mate.

Very, very nice.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Top result, young Nick.

Slowly, but ever so surely, and as more and more experienced shooters try this little gun, it's gaining the kudos in undoubtedly deserves.

The only thing it would struggle at is longer range hunting. And longer range FTT shots may be pushing it. But for anything else, it is truly sublime.

Quality build and finish, self-contained, lightweight and portable, superb trigger, effortless cocking, mega refined firing cycle providing stunning accuracy and a very forgiving nature.

Just about everyone that owns one will say that everyone else ought to own one!

Last Summer I said I wanted to get a .177 to go with my two .22s for some informal HFT....got another 99S instead. But the original desire will be fulfilled.

I think my next acquisition just HAS to be one in the smaller calibre.

That very forgiving nature and the lower power enabling you to track that pellet, Nick, just sums this little rifle up beautifully.

Superb, superb rifle.

Thanks.

I think my '30's a keeper.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    I know they are nice, but in what way are they better than a 99S ? Are these 25mm bore, vs the 99 @ 26mm ?

Personally I'd not want anything lighter than the 99 or it will just float of aim

And if I collapse a coil on the 99, get it down to 9 FP, it'd be near recoilless...