Thread: Meteor mk5

Meteor mk5

Just looking for a few tips, I have just bought a mk5 meteor as a walk down memory lane as I had one as a lad, I remember we used to put blue tin Eley wasps through them as lads but pellets have came on a fair bit since then, just wondered what other folk are getting good results with out of their meteors?

I'm also looking for a scope recommendation, something in keeping with the size of the meteor, around the £100 mark!

Any helps appreciated!

I get good results with superdomes in my sons mk5, get the pistol head reduced by 1.5 mm and you will achieve 10fpe without spoiling it with a big spring. Scope wise a period 4x32 by kassnar or hunters for around 20 quid with do or up to date I've recently purchased a smk 3-9x40 for 18 quid off the bay that's ideal for the little gun.

I've got a .22 Mk5 barrel on my Lightning, RWS Superdomes, AA Fields or Defiant Ogives all spring to mind, I've settled on the 'Domes due to price there not being much in it accuracy wise.

I stuck a Hawke 4x32 on my Airsporter, plenty left out of a £100 for some decent mounts & I can recommend it for it's performance as well as keeping your head position nice & low: http://www.uttings.co.uk/p102744-haw...t-user-reviews

The mighty Meteor

Quote Originally Posted by johnnytheboy View Post
    Just looking for a few tips, I have just bought a mk5 meteor as a walk down memory lane as I had one as a lad, I remember we used to put blue tin Eley wasps through them as lads but pellets have came on a fair bit since then, just wondered what other folk are getting good results with out of their meteors?

I'm also looking for a scope recommendation, something in keeping with the size of the meteor, around the £100 mark!

Any helps appreciated!
    As it so happens I just done a full tunning job on the meteor to give 11.4 FT/lb with Superdomes and Air arm Diabolo without it deseling, excellent shot to shot consistency and without additional preload to the bog standard new spring and have put my findings on this forum for you to see under "Meteor HW seal conversion" I have also added what lubes I used which has transformed the trigger and made the cocking very smooth to make it very shootable. The gun is not over stressed as I used the standard spring and has to be shot to be believed. I did reach energy levels far in excess of the legal limit but you are starting to push the physical strengths of the Meteors construction and at the level I have set it is so sweet....I love it, it's light, it's powerful, it's very accurate and its legal what more can I say
    Last edited by Meno; 30-01-2015 at 05:09 PM.