Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ssp's

Ssp's

If there was a low effort (comparable to a springer) single stroke pneumatic, full power rifle on the market, what would be the objections to buying one?

Why would you choose a springer if a viable ssp was available?

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I think you answered your own question there. SSP's at or near the limit are cumbersome beasts that require a knack to cock. Theyre great, but not really a break barrel replacement.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

secretagentmole Guest
    An SSP still takes longer to reload and cock than my Super 10, Rapid, Mk 3, Walther, Galatian...

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I think you answered your own question there. SSP's at or near the limit are cumbersome beasts that require a knack to cock. Theyre great, but not really a break barrel replacement.
    Historically this is true, but if someone developed one, equivalent to a springer and put in on the market,would you buy one? If not why not?

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    An SSP still takes longer to reload and cock than my Super 10, Rapid, Mk 3, Walther, Galatian...
    Can't really compare ssp's with PCP's, for efficiency, îm more interested in the comparison with springers

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    Since the op was comparing ssp to springers I think your post is irrelevant, I don't see any springers in that list?

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by yorkiets View Post
    Historically this is true, but if someone developed one, equivalent to a springer and put in on the market,would you buy one? If not why not?
    I've had PH Dragons and I rate them in every way. But if someone could make an ssp as easy to cock as a springer it would be a) a miracle b) a bestseller and c) powered by fairydust!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

I've had PH Dragons and I rate them in every way. But if someone could make an ssp as easy to cock as a springer it would be a) a miracle b) a bestseller and c) powered by fairydust!
    Interesting.

So you'd have one if it could be made but you don't think it's feasible. Unless you believe in faries

I'd buy one - but I wouldn't PX my springer to get it.....

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    I'll bring my PH Dragon to the bash (if Mick allows it - at least it's still self contained !)

Well worth trying if anyone hasn't seen one, very manageable cocking.

ssp's

Compared to pumping up an innova, the dragon I tried a couple of years ago was easy, wish I'd bought it for the £250 I could of had it for!

Paradigm had a little fairy dust (missed a prototype for sale 3 weeks or so ago)
    The last prototype required just over 40lbs cocking effort for 11.5fpe in .177

They key was the charge chamber has basically a regulator in reverse, you force air into the chamber as you apply the single pump which forces a piston back against a belleville washer stack, you alter the spring force to alter power coupled with air volume. It also had enhancements to aid flow etc thru the transfer port.

So it was kinda like a SSP and a springer...that doesn't recoil..but you do feel the action relax as you take a shot.

It looks like its still planned to be made in China...we may see it this year according to the website, im not holding my breath however.
    I think its design however is awesome.

Same effort as a springer and same price as a springer then yes add me to the list (you may have to slap the fairies about a bit to get them in order)

Quote Originally Posted by yorkiets View Post
    If there was a low effort (comparable to a springer) single stroke pneumatic, full power rifle on the market, what would be the objections to buying one?

Why would you choose a springer if a viable ssp was available?
    If I had to make a choice I'd take a well tuned springer, due to ease of maintenance. If I had the money I would have bought your titan aswell!

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_B View Post
    Same effort as a springer and same price as a springer then yes add me to the list (you may have to slap the fairies about a bit to get them in order)
    hell, Im up for it as soon as you mentioned slapping fairies - a nice ssp rifles a bonus!
    Donald