Thread: How are you guys sending buddy bottles when sold?

How are you guys sending buddy bottles when sold?

having a clear out and not wanting to drop a clanger when sending bottles in post, will obviously be empty but are the Royal Mail stories of destruction true?

i am going to be sending one as well was going to use parcel force 48 as they post rifles,

Edtwozeronine is offline I say dear boy, would you mind awfully doing as you're told?
    As long as they're empty you should be fine. It's just the obvious danger of putting a highly pressurised container on an aeroplane where the air pressure changes considerably and could cause an explosion. Be sure to tell them at the post office what it is and that it's totally empty before posting. They may put a 'surface only' sticker on the package so that it doesn't travel via air mail.

i sent one on an s10 last week...just make sure its empty and label the bottle itself..mark it as empty..do not destroy...

thats was the best i could think of (and of course cross your fingers) and insure it...

Can't wait for the outcome of this...

Quote Originally Posted by Edtwozeronine View Post
    As long as they're empty you should be fine. It's just the obvious danger of putting a highly pressurised container on an aeroplane where the air pressure changes considerably and could cause an explosion. Be sure to tell them at the post office what it is and that it's totally empty before posting. They may put a 'surface only' sticker on the package so that it doesn't travel via air mail.
    Load of ; every aircraft has effin hundreds of CO2 bottles, one or two with every lifejacket, plus loads of Oxygen for the emergency masks. one more pressure bottle makes no difference at all. Just some jobs-worth idea that got taken up!
    Pistol & Rifle Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club. <StrathRPC at yahoo.com> or google it.
    No longer Pumpin Oil but still Passin Gas!

Pressurised gas containers whether empty or not are prohibited by both RM & PF & if discovered most likely WILL be destroyed.

Read leaflet RMDG1A (available on line and at the post office):

NOT Allowed:
    Gases, including flammable, non-flammable, toxic and compressed gases
    (including new and used gas cylinders, butane, ethane, propane, refills for lighters, fire extinguishers and scuba tanks).

Understand it's related to licences to carry/transport such items.

Quote Originally Posted by DedIdick View Post
    Load of ; every aircraft has effin hundreds of CO2 bottles, one or two with every lifejacket, plus loads of Oxygen for the emergency masks. one more pressure bottle makes no difference at all. Just some jobs-worth idea that got taken up!
    This is true, even if the plane flew into a had vacuum and depressurised, ambient pressure would go from 1 to 0 bar. so even if you had a full 232 bar cylinder the the differential would only be 233 bar - nowhere near the test pressure of 348 bar (300 and 450 respectively for a 300 bar cylinder) .

To be honest, I'd never trust RM with anything valuable anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by DedIdick View Post

For clarity, it is not RM that dictate presure vessels can not go by Airfreight. However, RM do dictate that you cannot post them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimstraight View Post

NOT Allowed:
    Gases, including flammable, non-flammable, toxic and compressed gases
    (including new and used gas cylinders, butane, ethane, propane, refills for lighters, fire extinguishers and scuba tanks).
    Does anybody happen to know of any way you can legitimately send them, I've been looking to buy a Brocock Contour and have it posted and it's small enough it can be sent RM Special delivery but the pressurized container part is what's worried me!!

I had one delivered today by ukmail

TNT

Empty, labelled what it is